SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ACLU calls for menstrual equality in mens rooms
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACLU calls for menstrual equality in mens rooms Login/Join 
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:

I have no idea why you think I want to banish public restrooms, much less pee on your trees. Wink

I was specifically referring to the topic of the thread, "menstrual equality," and to the idea that it should be a requirement to supply tampons/pads in any restrooms. A woman getting caught out in public without the means to deal with her period may wind up embarrassed, but that's not really a public safety issue. So, yes, I think women should carry their own feminine supplies. It's a foreseeable problem that women are perfectly capable of planning for. The availability of public restrooms and TP is different. People gotta go and you've understandably said "no" to letting the general public wee on your property. Big Grin

A woman whose minipad is past its capacity could be a public safety issue especially if she has a communicable disease.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the restroom thing because menstruation or urination, both are bodily functions that are foreseeable and equally embarrassing if not accommodated. The difference is that men don't do one which is probably why menstrual equality is an issue.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
On the other hand, having them available for plugging the occasional negligent discharge could be construed as a safety/first aid issue. Roll Eyes

We pack tampons in our range/car medical bag. Small ones for 9mm and larger ones for 45, no joke...

Posts: 929 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
"While free menstrual products are not uniformly provided in women’s restrooms, they are almost never available in men’s restrooms, even for pay," the group said in a statement Tuesday.

No shit. I wonder why that’s the norm? Roll Eyes

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3869 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
On the other hand, having them available for plugging the occasional negligent discharge could be construed as a safety/first aid issue. Roll Eyes

We pack tampons in our range/car medical bag. Small ones for 9mm and larger ones for 45, no joke...

PS, and for .22 you get a Captain America band aid..

Posts: 929 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nah, we don't have a severe problem with mental retardation in this country. Nah, not at all. Roll Eyes

And I echo what another poster noted above. Just wait until a bunch of men pee all over the toilet seats (and floors from my experience), blow up the bathroom after a big lunch at Taco Bell, or wash their filthy auto repair soiled hands in the sinks, and watch how quick women start streaming for their own space again. Then we'll get to watch these leftist morons eat their own again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Does this mean that we have to change the term, “feminine hygiene product”?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1986 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:

I have no idea why you think I want to banish public restrooms, much less pee on your trees. Wink

I was specifically referring to the topic of the thread, "menstrual equality," and to the idea that it should be a requirement to supply tampons/pads in any restrooms. A woman getting caught out in public without the means to deal with her period may wind up embarrassed, but that's not really a public safety issue. So, yes, I think women should carry their own feminine supplies. It's a foreseeable problem that women are perfectly capable of planning for. The availability of public restrooms and TP is different. People gotta go and you've understandably said "no" to letting the general public wee on your property. Big Grin

A woman whose minipad is past its capacity could be a public safety issue especially if she has a communicable disease.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the restroom thing because menstruation or urination, both are bodily functions that are foreseeable and equally embarrassing if not accommodated. The difference is that men don't do one which is probably why menstrual equality is an issue.

How the **** is "menstrual equality" an issue? Because free tampons aren't available in men's rooms? Are you kidding?

Posts: 327 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I started my “monthly” yesterday and I was happy to see the tampon machine in the men’s room...but my screaming when inserting brought the employees into this “private moment”...should I sue Walmart? Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Anyone that needs them, take them then? Fine. I’d take every last one of them each time I went in one and use them for whatever the hell I felt like. Every time. Add them to first aid kits, clean up spills, whatever. Stupid ass SJW’s are making us a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
What 'caliber' are these and if I put a little Hoppes on it, are the strings long enough to pull through a pistol barrel?

Thinking these might be great bore mops for 28g or .410 shotguns? Only a wild guess though.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Ok and in the effort to remain equal, replace 1/3 of the toilets in ladies rooms with Urinals.....

just in case....

Best one so far !!

Posts: 3864 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
We really need a terrible hardship in this country to cull the herd and strengthen our gene pool.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
the american criminal liberties union is branching out to women's feminine hygiene issues, in men's restrooms? how politically correct.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well Jeff Foxworthy DOES discuss "anal seepage" in one of his skits about drug side effects. I think this is the point that I should just stop typing... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I had no idea provisioning of toilet paper and paper towels was regulated.

I'd really like to see the "regulations" related to that.

A lot of people don't realize that there are laws, rules, and regulations that cover just about every aspect of our lives. These included.

Isn't government great?
When I was getting my MSIE in California I was tasked with designing a commercial facility as a class project. I discovered then that there are rules governing the design of restrooms--how many of each type are required, how big they must be, what must be in them, and how many of each type of fixture (based on projected occupancy). That was in 1969.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Just remember, never, ever press the ATR button!
LOL!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Go to hell comes to mind as a suitable response

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38195 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
the report read. "Just as we have regulated the provision of toilet paper and paper towels in public restrooms, so too should we do the same for menstrual products."

Ya learn something new every day.
I had no idea provisioning of toilet paper and paper towels was regulated.

I'd really like to see the "regulations" related yehto that. Yeh, where is that in the Constitution, or Bill of Rights?

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is calling for men's restrooms to include tampons in order to prevent discrimination against "every person who menstruates."

Confused

But men can't menstruate. Even if a TG gets the full, um, "treatment" with female hormones and, um, "de-cocking," the internal, um, "mechanisms" or "plumbing" aren't there.

Addendum: is it possible they mean women TG's "identifying" as men? But that doesn't make sense either. Hell, none of this makes any damned sense.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 28632 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post