SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone making homemade wine?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone making homemade wine? Login/Join 
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Here is an article with an a short overview of wine yeasts.

Article Here

Posts: 251 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
is it worth taking the extra steps to freeze distill it to remove the water and give it a higher ABV?

that part would be illegal.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
This buying the Grape Juice trend isn't the real experience IMO.

This. In Spades. All the Croatians I grew up with did the grape juice method with their families. Stuff is absolutely disgusting. It was tolerable in High School when we were underage, but seriously, 2 buck chuck is better than that stuff.

My uncle and his pals will go in on a truck full of grapes from California. They hire a 'broker" that tells them what's good that given year and what isn't. They have a grand old time for a weekend and make something like 800 bottles. What they make is damn good.

Growing up, I helped my dad and another uncle press grapes and bottle the stuff into carboys. It was a fun process and the women loved the end product. I would definitely recommend going this route. basically exactly the process sleepla8er and Nickelsig229 describe.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post