SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The VA and Veterans Evaluation Services
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The VA and Veterans Evaluation Services Login/Join 
posted
So a few months ago I started the process of a disability claim through the VA. Recently I have been getting voicemails from a company called Veterans Evaluation Services (VES). On the voicemail VES says that the VA referred my claim to them for further evaluation.

The VA/DAV never said anything about VES, and trying to get ahold of someone at the VA, to verify that my claim was referred, is a full time job.

Anyway, has anyone ever delt with VES? Are they legit or is it some kind of scam?

Thanks for your help

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithbc:
So a few months ago I started the process of a disability claim through the VA. Recently I have been getting voicemails from a company called Veterans Evaluation Services (VES). On the voicemail VES says that the VA referred my claim to them for further evaluation.

The VA/DAV never said anything about VES, and trying to get ahold of someone at the VA, to verify that my claim was referred, is a full time job.

Anyway, has anyone ever delt with VES? Are they legit or is it some kind of scam?

Thanks for your help

I'm going to say it's a scam or in the very least some "service" that will claim to cut through all the red tape for you...for a fee of course.

I have a VA mortgage and must get 8 official looking "VA" notices a week about my it and how they can save me all sorts of money. They're all BS. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33822 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I recently went through a claim with VA, all of the appointments were through a private company called QTC Medical.

I never was notified by the VA that this is who they were using, but ended up talking to them on a call, got an appointment date and time. They followed up with a package in the mail full of paperwork.

Here is some information from the American Legion on VES. They are Legit.

Veterans Evaluation Services (VES) has been awarded contracts with the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) and Veterans Health Administration (VHA) to provide medical disability examinations for compensation and pension purposes. However, many veterans who receive appointments letters from VES are not showing up for exams because they aren’t sure of the legitmacy of the letter.

VES handled Compensation & Pension exams throughout the world for the Department of Veterans Affairs, handles exams for veterans in 49 states and all U.S. territories, and is the sold VHA contractor for exams in Germany, Japan and South Korea. In 2014, VES conducted approximately 80,000 VA exams; only 3 percent of those were returned for reexamination.

https://www.legion.org/veteran...urged-show-ves-exams

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The VA is contracting out Comp and Pension services to QTC, LHI and VES. They are legit. There is no cost to the veteran for these services.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I used my county Veterans Assistance Office to help file my claim. They did everything except sign my name and I got appointments for hearing check and aids within a week. FYI, here's the link to your's...

https://www.dearborncounty.org...x.php?structureid=36

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the VFW.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I recently had 2 exams for VA disabilities. Found out that the VA has contracted out their C&P exams to different companies depending on your location.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post