SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you think our country can recover from our ills?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you think our country can recover from our ills? Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
I think the state of our society is indicative of our coming demise as a country. Many civilizations have come and gone before us and we too shall pass - perhaps in my lifetime. I never would have imagined I'd even think this. But, the signs are too numerous to list, I'll attempt a few without getting into conspiracy.

Rampant child abuse - including sexual abuse, physical violence and physical abuse in the form of attempts to change genders (and allowing children to take hormones in thosd attempts). When people honestly believe a man can be a woman and a woman can be a man. When people think a man can be a little girl (you can Google it to see what in referring to) or a young adult can be an animal (youth stating tgsg identify as cats or dogs). Sexual perversion of the alphabet variety being accepted as normal. Effeminate beta males being the norm. Totally corrupt government. Federal agencies like the CIA gone rogue. The FBI now literally working to kero the dems in power. National debt to the point of no return. Killing of millions of babies being legal. Cities with drug problems so bad that people look like zombies. Homeless problem rampant in all major cities. Governmental taxation out of control. Government content with sacrificing it's own citizens for the good of the elite. Rampant disease despite medical advancements. Degradation of food quality when our technology should be improving it. Technology negativity shaping society.

So what is my point? First, we can still enjoy life. We should not let it ruin what we do have. Enjoy your life despite the problems. Do what you can to improve things and don't let the rest drag you down. No matter how bad it gets, enjoy life, even the simple things. Most things are out of our control. Don't worry about things you cannot change and work on the things you can change. Love your wife and kids, rejoice in your friendships. Relax while enjoying your hobbies. Do things that bring you happiness. Be grateful to be alive. Enjoy every day and do not waste a moment of it. Nothing around us can take our joy of living away if we do not allow it.

Second, I think we should look beyond this life. I believe in the Christian God and that Jesus Christ is the only means for eternal life. Our world may be heading to destruction but my hope lies in Christ. The world around us is reason to consider what the afterlife entails. You may not believe like I do, but at least consider it.

That all being said, I hope you enjoy you day.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ops cwo
posted Hide Post
Not as long as Liberals/Democraps exist

Posts: 266 | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
So what is my point? First, we can still enjoy life. We should not let it ruin what we do have. Enjoy your life despite the problems. Do what you can to improve things and don't let the rest drag you down. No matter how bad it gets, enjoy life, even the simple things. Most things are out of our control. Don't worry about things you cannot change and work on the things you can change. Love your wife and kids, rejoice in your friendships. Relax while enjoying your hobbies. Do things that bring you happiness. Be grateful to be alive. Enjoy every day and do not waste a moment of it. Nothing around us can take our joy of living away if we do not allow it.

[/QUOTE]

I like to travel to old ghost towns, climb around the mountains, visit historic sites in other States. Too much crime now, can't leave my vehicle out of site. As far as our country recovering?, doubtful at best. How the hell are we going to get rid of the crime without a total reset, but what is going to replace it, the latest generation?. I'm old enough to know it won't happen in my lifetime.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
FWIW we're not alone, the Western world is in the crosshairs.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8356 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greed has this planet in a death grip.

This country had two hundred years to make it five times better than it is.

Greed got worse and worse,
Without another great depression or world war or dust bowl,
America's downward spiral will only accelerate .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Recover > No.
It will have to adapt to all of the miscreant actions that is deteriorating the country.
The rate can vary depending on who is in control but eventually it will consume us, one day or another.
Frown

Posts: 22932 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
The US, as I knew it growing up in the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s, will never return. There are jus5 too many fronts to fight against, and to many to lis5 here.

The worst crimes are de-Chritianizing and de-Western Civilizationing the country. The vacuum caused has sucked in a replacement diametrically opposed to Judeo/Christian and Western values. This cannot be turned around without intervention.

Another biggies is the feminization of the country, causing tolerance to take the place of intervention. Our collective testosterone level is so low, we cannot recover from this.

Another biggie is our government has become immensely irresponsible - MAGNITUDES beyond criminal. The DC machine is an actual monster. and it’s workings SO corrupt, it can’t and won’t be reigned in. There are so many domestic and global players involved, let alone all o& the ticks sucking from its festering tests yes, no way to recover.

Related to the above, our so called ‘democratic’ system(democratic republic) is a farce since the very essence of that ‘democracy’ can’t even be attained - a fair election. Our systems of voting where one vote(legal ballot)from one legal voter, has become unattainable. As our population continues to rapidly grow, the worse it will get. We cannot recover from this.

I can go on, but I’m not say anything new here. Just the same ol’ same ol’. May God have mercy on what we are leaving for succeeding generations.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
The US, as I knew it growing up in the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s, will never return. There are just too many fronts to fight against, and to many to lis5 here.

The worst crimes are de-Chritianizing and de-Western Civilizationing the country. The vacuum caused has sucked in a replacement diametrically opposed to Judeo/Christian and Western values. This cannot be turned around without intervention.

Another biggies is the feminization of the country, causing tolerance to take the place of intervention. Our collective testosterone level is so low, we cannot recover from this.

Another biggie is our government has become immensely irresponsible - MAGNITUDES beyond criminal. The DC machine is an actual monster. and it’s workings SO corrupt, it can’t and won’t be reigned in. There are so many domestic and global players involved, let alone all o& the ticks sucking from its festering tests yes, no way to recover.

Related to the above, our so called ‘democratic’ system(democratic republic) is a farce since the very essence of that ‘democracy’ can’t even be attained - a fair election. Our systems of voting where one vote(legal ballot)from one legal voter, has become unattainable. As our population continues to rapidly grow, the worse it will get. We cannot recover from this.

I can go on, but I’m not say anything new here. Just the same ol’ same ol’. May God have mercy on what we are leaving for succeeding generations.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
No.

I used to debate that we were in the middle of decline and not yet at the begining of the end. I was foolish. We are in the middle of the end and don't see this country being capable of leading a chucky cheese birthday party in the near future.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4791 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
After the 2020 election I was convinced that the right was finished, the Left would have learned a lesson in 2016 and NEVER allow that to happen again. After the 2022 election I thought the Right would storm back from the obvious decline in our way of life, I was very wrong.The left was more dug in than ever and elected people that were worse.I see the same scenario coming in 2024.
The left knows how to win, and they take no prisoners.If the left wins in November the right is truly finished.
The left will guarantee that there policy's will continue UN-challenged. The left will eventually hand the keys over to the Chinese, they are the ones we are actually fighting against, they know it, American leftists don't realize it.They will!
I prey things work out for a overwhelming Republican victory in November.
Our last chance.

Posts: 4634 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
As bad as things are today, can you imagine how distressing it was during the Civil War in this country?

I don’t think we are anywhere near the point of the country tearing itself in two and starting a shooting war.

If you ask me, we recovered from that episode quite nicely. But I’m sure very few Americans felt optimistic in 1861.

We have an over abundance of sleazy politicians and miscreant bureaucrats. That problem can be solved. Might be painful, might take some time, might not be completely curable… but we’re not at the point of no return.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Highly unlikely. If the current administration remains in power after the next election, there will be no coming back from that.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
The country survived a Civil War. Indeed, held an election during it. Yes, we will “recover”.

But the country is changing. The Greatest Generation and the Baby Boomers are just about done. They had dominated politics and cultural thought for seventy years. The last completely “analog” generations. We’re going to miss them. Now everything’s changed: work, war, money, love, race/sex, almost everything. It’s no wonder some people are frightened. Personally, I would prefer if folks would be less frightened and/or critical, and think more about how to preserve the good things we love about this country, even as it changes. None of that means you have particularly like the changes, even understand them, but it’s going to happen with you or without you.

We are not going to remain the global hegemon we’ve enjoyed being for the last thirty years. That much should be obvious. But we’ve had to compete globally before and we’ll do it again. There will be collateral damage. This is still the best country in the world. We could be even better. Never bet against Americans.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8800 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
How is the word "recover" being defined?

If you mean where the nation speaks with one unified voice on every issue, it never has happened and won't. If you define it to say that 85% of people agree, then perhaps that's the maximum recovery and we tolerate the 15%.

Posts: 4085 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope... not a chance unless it is helped along by force and the surrender of the other side.

I am ready to do my part to help this happen.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Max it’s good to read someone being positive. I’m being 100% real, until I can build my Morton on my rural land, finish out, and move..well this is hell. Every time I drive everyone is in the Matrix, surfing their phone while driving. I used to say 10%. Now it’s 50% or more. They cannot put it down. Then in Texas, they had a free Palestine rally on the highway next to my house at rush hour. If the WWII generation was our finest, Gen Z is the worst. With the current state of our country, Gen Z, the phones, social media crack addiction, and millions of people flooding into TX, I am struggling, and I freely admit it. And I raised myself since I was 5 years old, and had a full time job since I was 10. My bones and skin are made of penitentiary steel but this shit is getting to me, bad. I do not have the $ I need to build right now, so I could move out of the metro area, and sell this house. I’m Christian also, Catholic, and I pray 5-6 times a day, before every meal. Every day I ask God to help me get out of here. It’s literally driving me insane. I’ve become a homebody because the more I’m subjected to how people act and the lack of etiquette, the more enraged I get.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Past is prologue. The only difference is rate and severity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29720 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The best is yet to come. It has been written, and it shall come to pass.

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Nope... not a chance unless it is helped along by force and the surrender of the other side.

I am ready to do my part to help this happen.

You've been asked before, what's stopping you? Waiting on the bat signal or what?

Posts: 1815 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
Well said!

Along those lines, check out Tucker Carlson's opening remarks (especially from 1:06 to 3:23) at Kid Rock's concert 2 weeks ago:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23303 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post