SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    British Historian Evaluates 18th Century Movie Battle Scenes for Accuracy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British Historian Evaluates 18th Century Movie Battle Scenes for Accuracy Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I’m probably late to the party, again. This is Dan Snow, who has done a number of programs on the BBC, particularly in this subject area, historical battles. In this video he analyzes battle scenes in several well-known movies for accuracy. I found this fascinating. I will admit now, that the one movie I’ve never seen is Waterloo. I’ll attempt to remedy that as soon as I can.

I’ll add that probably the least interesting commentary is that relative to The Patriot, and that’s the first one.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not have time to view. Does he cover Zulu and the 1939 version of Four Feathers? They looked accurate to me and I was impressed by the phlethora of extras. Even the Fuzzy Wuzzies had a role.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No, he covers: The Patriot, Pirates of the Caribbean, Master and Commander, Last of the Mohicans, The Revenant, and Waterloo.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok Thanks.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post