SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Court rules Geico to pay $5.2 million to woman who caught STD in car
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Court rules Geico to pay $5.2 million to woman who caught STD in car Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If they'd gone in the house is the Homeowner's policy liable?

If they stopped at Motel 6, does Motel 6 have to pay?

What if they found a quite dark spot in a park, is it the city's fault and they get to pay?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, dang! I was gonna find me a "young thing" who had Guico insurance and a relatively mild form of an STD to help me build up my retirement savings. (Purely for financial reasons and NOT for lustful purposes! I planned to pay her for her time and effort!)

Posts: 1628 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is pure insanity

Posts: 6913 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Next up "Clap Insurance" to cover incidents of fun?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1570 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Apparently GEICO didn't find out about the claim until AFTER the arbitration agreement between the parties. So... they didn't have a proper opportunity to defend.

So if I understand correctly, GEICO denied an initial claim of $1M in damages. The claimant then entered into an arbitration process with the insured - both of whom agreed upon a $5.2M settlement. Subsequently, the $5.2M settlement was upheld by the circuit court - all without GEICO's knowledge or involvement.

So two people decide an amount for an outrageous insurance payout!! I would not be surprised the guy and gal planned this out together to split the money.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
My first question would be how much was the arbitrator being promised for accepting the agreement. The second question would be what was the Judge promised to uphold the arbitration.

Posts: 3391 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post