SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gen Zs attempt to answer street interviewer questions- it's getting worse
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen Zs attempt to answer street interviewer questions- it's getting worse Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I guess they don't teach such things in Third Grade anymore, huh? Too busy figuring out that a penis is really a vagina.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Years ago when Jay Leno was host of the Tonight Show, he did a skit called "Jay Walking", a man on the street on camera interviews of the general public.

It was a hoot.

I remember one in particular.

Jay: "In what country did the French Revolution take place?"
College-age (late teens/early 20s) girl: "Uhh … England?"

And this was a good 25 years ago. I shudder to think now.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I watched this video earlier today on YT. We’re doomed

Posts: 13275 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah para, you’re just about right posting 3rd grade and knowing the continents.

Catholic school, ran by the good Felician
Sisters from Warsaw Poland. STRICT!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Just because you're 'educated' doesn't mean you're smart... Wink

So true, take engineers for example... Big Grin

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hell, they're not even educated. College is now nothing more than the 13th Grade. They go in, knowing that no matter what, they'll leave with a degree, guaranteed. They skate through, don't learn jack shit, and act like they've actually achieved something, when the truth is that they've been coddled at every step of the way. It's pathetic and, quite frankly, criminal. Buncha Goddamned con artists and phonies. That's who is going to be running the world.

But, it's no longer my problem.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6218 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drive a school bus in a high preforming school district, one of the best public school districts in the state.

I can tell you that the majority of them are dumb as a rock. The homework left on the bus, from any grade level is amazingly pathetic.

Not one can write cursive and there is no way they can read it. I have written greetings, Holliday greetings and such in cursive, along with cartoon characters and the kids, from kindergarten to seniors couldn't read them, or was barely able to.

Their writings, all print (if you want to call it that, as a drunk, blind, chicken missing part of its toes could do better) are barely legible.

The lack of knowledge on almost any subject is astonishing. The lack of motivation in finding out things, I can't even put into words.

*OK a little side story. I'm a sub drive, and a route that I was assigned to long term was one that had a double middle/high route, the first one went to an upper middle class, more affluent neighborhood, the other a disadvantaged area.

At Christmas time I drew an elf, with a Christmas greetings, written it Cherokee sylabary. Not one of the affluent kids asked, but the disadvantaged kids asked what it said, and what language it was. So, there is some kids that shows some signs of being inquisitive.

Back to the subject at hand. It's not all on the kids or parents. Nope. A lot of this comes from the absolute garbage that is taught in almost every subject.

I say this not only as a bus driver that sees a lot of stuff left on the bus, but I have family that as teachers, and they complain about the garbage they have to work with that is the curricula.

Boys and Girls, we ARE IN TROUBLE.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post