SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need small air compressor recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need small air compressor recommendations Login/Join 
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
If you lived closer, I'd gift you a 3 gallon Craftsman.

If you are buying something new, I would shop around for the best price quiet air compressor in the 2 to 3 gallon range. Fortress, Stealth, Husky, Kobalt, etc.

I would strongly consider this one
Link

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I needed a small compressor for a few small tools. Right angle drill, inflating tires, grinder.

Ended up getting the Rigid - for some reason there was a run on compressors back in September - and there were only a few small ones left. Don’t know if they were returning stock or just getting rid of them.

For its intended use it is working out just fine.

Posts: 53192 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I have a Bostich 6 gallon pancake. Does all the more mundane tasks pretty well. It will only just run an impact, but is just fine with a nailer or stapler. Easily portable too.

This one >>>

Bostich 6 gallon.

This.I installed my flooring and tongue and groove ceiling using this Bostitch compressor and it worked like a champ.

Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
ROLAIR

Mine's been great.

Best brand mentioned in this thread, but they are professional spec and designed way past the quality of the ones you see at the big box stores. The D2002HPV5 is one of the best little compressors on the market.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
This topic came up about 3 years ago and the consensus was California Air Tools…so I bought one.

They are so quiet that both my sons have asked for one as Christmas presents. I used mine yesterday to blow out the lines in my solar pool heater.

Highly reccomend!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6323 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
This topic came up about 3 years ago and the consensus was California Air Tools…so I bought one.

They are so quiet that both my sons have asked for one as Christmas presents. I used mine yesterday to blow out the lines in my solar pool heater.

Highly reccomend!

I have the smallest, 1Gal & you can sit it between 2 people & have a conversation at normal volume. Very happy with the purchase. It runs a brad/finish nailer w/o breaking a sweat & will take lugs off my truck & recover by the time I move to the next wheel.'

Also have the Bostitch pictured above that I inherited. It's in the attic to get it out of the way.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I had been planning on replacing my current 10 ga. Craftsman air compressor with this Ingersol Rand P1.5IU-A9 2HP, 20 ga. compressor:

But their place of manufacture is indeterminate. So now I'm thinking maybe this Rolair FC250090L 2HP, 20 ga. unit for only a bit more:

I like that the Rolair is definitely Made In America.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post