SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apparently, I've caused a ruckus
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently, I've caused a ruckus Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I must, completely non-humbly, say that I make a darn awesome meatloaf. Step-daughter #1 is a poster of food pictures on every brand of social media and tagged my meatloaf with #marksWorldFamousMeatloaf #sogood #bestever etc. Roll Eyes She loves when I cook, especially the meatloaf.

Her dingy dad sees one of my meatloaf pics on Instagram and invited her to dinner the next weekend. She tells me he announced "here comes hashtag Frank's famous meatloaf" or some goofy crap. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Apparently, it was his mom's recipe and wasn't very good.

She doesn't know what to do because she doesn't want him to be upset with her but she really wants him to stop making meatloaf. He keeps asking her if his is the best meatloaf. I was going to tell her to stop posting pictures of my culinary masterpieces but, to tell the truth, I'm enjoying this. Big Grin

Every once in a while step-kids can be fun.

Posts: 45401 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Ask your stepdaughter what type of dish does her dad make that she likes. Have him make it for her, then have her say that while your meatloaf is better, his (whatever) is better. That should help soothe his fractured ego.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3453 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Ask your stepdaughter what type of dish does her dad make that she likes. Have him make it for her, then have her say that while your meatloaf is better, his (whatever) is better. That should help soothe his fractured ego.
Maybe if she says she really doesn't like meatloaf and she's just being nice to me, he'll stop with the meatloaf.

I never thought I'd be in a struggle concerning meatloaf. Big Grin

Posts: 45401 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it. Go into the bathroom, close the door. Then go NA NA NANA NA! At the top of your lungs. Throw in a couple of hip thrusts. Be totally cool with just a smug smile when you come out. Remember it.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
How about making a mini meatloaf to have her give to her dad and let him make his own decision. Then just live with the outcome.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
#StopMakingMeatloaf #ItsForTheChildren

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
It's not about the meatloaf. It's about someone stepping into his place. I can understand how he would feel bad about it. I like the idea of her just saying she is being nice to you. But that's hard when she can't do the same for him. She should probably just refrain from the posts. Unless he was a total douche of a dad.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Now, make lobster stuffed filet mignon in a black truffle gravy, topped with beluga caviar and watch him squirm at the price of those ingredients.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Recipe, please? I love a good meatloaf, but haven't had a lot of luck with my own.

Posts: 7275 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Or just tell him to grow up.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMs04JK0BQ

Big Grin

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing very clear is why he is the EX....talk about insecure.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

I never thought I'd be in a struggle concerning meatloaf. Big Grin

Some people cause trouble no matter where they go....

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
tried those hashtags on instagram, could not find

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe if she says she really doesn't like meatloaf and she's just being nice to me, he'll stop with the meatloaf.

She would do anything for love, but she won't do that.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15733 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Recipe, please? I love a good meatloaf, but haven't had a lot of luck with my own.

+1

Posts: 5769 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
tried those hashtags on instagram, could not find
Sorry, not positive on the actual hashtags. I really don't get the point of Instagram or Twitter even though I have accounts on both.

You can look up my username misterfathersir and see what comes up.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

She would do anything for love, but she won't do that.
Big Grin hahaha, hilarious!

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just tell her you're fine with her telling him that his is good if she wants to in order not to be in the middle.

You both already know yours is better, so it gets her out of the jam...

Or better yet she can post she's gone vegan and can't comment LOL....

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I think it's pretty crappy of Frank to put his daughter in that position just to soothe his insecurities.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post