SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Last week in Maine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last week in Maine Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted
Testing the waters here with a new hosting site.

This is the York lighthouse.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pic. Did some sailing in Maine two summers back. Windjammer cruise on a schooner out of Camden. Fun times.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've been to Maine a couple times, it's bigger than that. Wink

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

No, no it's not. That's all there is. See that and go home. Leave some money tho. Razz Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Going to York and thinking it's Maine is like putting your little toe in the lake and thinking you're swimming. Wink Only thing worse is going to the Kittery outlets and then going back over the bridge to NH.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

No, no it's not. That's all there is. See that and go home. Leave some money tho. Razz Big Grin

But don't forget to check Kittery Trading Post on the way back home! Smile

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Nice pic. Did some sailing in Maine two summers back. Windjammer cruise on a schooner out of Camden. Fun times.

Which boat? My son crewed on the Mary Day I think 3 summers ago.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Beautiful coastline, cold water even in August.
I went there as a kid for years and we stayed just above Kennebunkport.
When you drove up the coast highway there was a large house out on a point and we always wondered who lived there.
Years later we found out that it belonged to a Prescott Bush. Most of the time it seemed to be unoccupied and it seemed like such a waste that nobody was using such a beautiful place.

Posts: 9522 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the York lighthouse.

that's the Nubble Light. Popular spot to dive. Every holiday they raise a Christmas tree up from the bottle to start the holiday season.

http://nubblelight.org/webcam4

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
I love it up there. My wife and I go twice a year. I would like to retire up there but really want to go someplace warm.

phil

Posts: 2385 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr.sig239:
I love it up there. My wife and I go twice a year. I would like to retire up there but really want to go someplace warm.

I am with you on that.
The wife asked that very question when we got home.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Beautiful coastline, cold water even in August.
I went there as a kid for years and we stayed just above Kennebunkport.
When you drove up the coast highway there was a large house out on a point and we always wondered who lived there.
Years later we found out that it belonged to a Prescott Bush. Most of the time it seemed to be unoccupied and it seemed like such a waste that nobody was using such a beautiful place.

George HW Bush used it quite frequently while he was president. My wife and I were dating back then and often spent time at Long Sands Beach and the aforementioned Nubble Light and saw Marine One fly over several times.

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Kittery Trading Post usually has a decent assortment of guns.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Test my new Imgur accout.

Pedro Point, Pacifica California shrouded in fog.

Thornton Beach, Daly City California.

Looking out the stern of my boat while trolling.

Took these Thursday 7-6 while salmon fishing.

Yes, fillets vacuum sealed in freezer. Smile

Going to have to find a way to shrink images more.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post