SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Louisiana Legislature passes Constitutional Carry, sends it to Governor Landry to sign into law
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Louisiana Legislature passes Constitutional Carry, sends it to Governor Landry to sign into law Login/Join 
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

For those who don't know, Jeff Landry, Louisiana's new governor, is a Republican, so, I imagine he will sign this into law and it will take effect this summer.

Now if we can get South Carolina on board, we'll be cookin' with gas.

This would definitely help! I love visiting Charleston, SC, but since SC doesn't recognize Alabama's CCW permit, I quit traveling there as I no longer will go without a weapon on me!

Posts: 4784 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Louisiana's law applies to anyone who is 18 and not prohibited, not just to Louisiana residents. So y'all are all welcome here. Or will be soon.

Without researching I think in other states it's about 50/50 on constitutional carry applying only to residents of the state. So I'll keep my CHP for traveling.

Yeah that's how I feel also.

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I asked about this a while back: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0072305?r=9520072305

What it comes down to is that you need to assume nothing in this regard. Carefully check a state's laws concerning permitless concealed carry if you do not possess a carry permit which has reciprocity with a state you are visiting.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yes, SC really needs to get on this!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
This has always been a question to me.

As written in the US Constitution Article IV, Section 2: “The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States”.

By my understanding of this clause, if “Constitutional Carry” (no permit required) is allowed to the citizens of that specific State, then visiting citizens of the other States would also have that same allowance and would not need such a reciprocity permit.

What say the SigForum legal eagles to this thought?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2808 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post