SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What "MAN" skill do you wish you have, and wish you had?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What "MAN" skill do you wish you have, and wish you had? Login/Join 
JOIN, or DIE
posted
I can shoot, pretty decently. I can cook. I'm a good doggy dad and I think a decent overall person. I feel like I'm lacking some man skills at times though. One decent one I have is I can drive stick like nobodies business and drive/operate pretty much any moving machine. Class A license I passed twice, can drive 18-wheelers and forklifts and lots of other large machinery/vehicles.

I've decided that I need more skills though. First up is learning how to weld. After that, I'd like to tackle horticulture, reloading, wooodwork and gain a basic understanding of electicity.

What about you guys?

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Welding/fabricating and some 007 grade parkour.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Welding/fabricating and some 007 grade parkour.

Oh man. I think you might be an old guy, and I'm a fat guy. Not sure how much 007 parkouring we are gonna be doing. LoL

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mechanicing. I'm so weak on taking cars apart and putting them back together.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carpentry work. I'm always amazed at guys that are good at building stuff.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Just about anything that involves dirtying one's hands. I'm smart but a dolt with tools.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Welding and machining.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I wish I was better at writing poems. Really awesome poems.

Wish I could play the guitar as well.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Pressing my thumbs into the eyes of my enemies! I'm a quick study though!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Forging. And parkour.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some artistic skills, but excel at machining, welding, fabricating, mechanical work, auto and boat repair, steel sailboat building. Am pretty good at woodwork, can do cabinet work but I am slow.

Wish my handwriting was better, and my spelling is weak as well.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a green thumb.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I wish I was better with the internal combustion engine and all things mechanical. My old man didn't teach me shit. I've picked up some knowledge on it being in the equipment business but when it comes to hands on skills I'm the kiss of death.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carpentry and cooking.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I think Heinlein's "A human being should be able to" list is a pretty good one. I wish I was competent in all of those skills, but alas, I'm deficient in a number, with little hope of ever catching upWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Mechanicing. I'm so weak on taking cars apart and putting them back together.

Join the club; that'd be my wish, too.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Carpentry work. I'm always amazed at guys that are good at building stuff.

+1 on the carpentry. My old man could build a house from scratch, me on the other hand barely cobbled up a deck and that took some doing.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Butcher animals and clean fish.
Done a few deer with someone over my shoulder telling me what to do.
Always done catch and release so never cleaned a fish.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
I'd like to tackle horticulture
Just remember: You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30672 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My dad (deceased) and brothers taught me quite a few "man skills," including working on cars, which became my career. But I didn't pick up everything. I'll say welding (and, related, cutting) and backing up a trailer. I think I have towed maybe three trailers in my life, but in my work occasional welding is needed. I also never really picked up on my #2 brother's love of hunting, fishing and outdoors. I don't even like to go outside to shoot any more.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post