SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And just like that, nobody is talking about the ‘Rona

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
And just like that, nobody is talking about the ‘Rona Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted

I woke up today, turned in the news, and for the first time in months I wasn’t bombarded with “flattening the curve” “social distancing” “wear/don’t wear masks” stories. That all disappeared like a popcorn fart.

Social media has created a form of human murmuration.. Just like thousands of birds flying as one and changing directions instantly, the social media masses acquire a new piece of news and run with it in the internet echo chamber.

The instant access to, and ability to share, information in real time creates this phenomenon and it is unprecedented in human history.

It can be an incredibly destructive force.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Report This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Yes, most social media has the attention span of a gnat.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
And just like that someone said no...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, let's explore all the different tangents and subjects related to this nonsense as we can think up. Yeah, makes sense. It's not as if this idiotic crap is affecting everyone's life. No, we have to talk about it all the time, work the subject into every single conversation. Because, that's what we need, right? We're not all fatigued from this stuff. No, we have to talk and talk and talk about it.

Zero. No more coronavirus threads in this forum. None.

Just have mercy on others, huh? Use the existing threads to convey your thoughts. Any new coronavirus threads will be deleted upon sight.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Let’s give G-man a break, he’s new here, only been around for, oh, 18 years. Never mind.

Roll Eyes

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
In my defense I would submit that my thread is about the fickle nature and potentially destructive power of social media group-think.

However, I have been here for a little while and if Para feels this topic is verboten then I would offer an apology and request the thread be deleted.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
In my defense I would submit that my thread is about the fickle nature and potentially destructive power of social media group-think.

This ^^^^^

Different subject. The Wu Flu is only tangentially related.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:

This ^^^^^

Ditto.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right.
And just like that, nobody is talking about the ‘Rona....
Because the ‘Rona is no longer working into the Dems narrative.

Now... we are back to RACISM!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post