SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TRUTH Social. President Trump’s new platform launched today.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TRUTH Social. President Trump’s new platform launched today. Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
I signed up today. It should be fun reading his communication again.

I’m not sure what they will be called. Truth bombs vs Tweets ?

Any of you going to join and check it out?

We now have TRUTH and GETTR.

I’m in the que. @DugthePugDad.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3484 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I dont think its available on Android yet or I would

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
You are correct. It’s not available for Android yet.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3484 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Is it a tweeter or facespace?

Not that I really do social much.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
It’s set up like the tweeter platform.

I don’t think it will be anything like faceplant.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My waitlist number is 281,289.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why do they want first and last names, and what are you guys putting in those fields?

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Why do they want first and last names, and what are you guys putting in those fields?

My iphone app account creator only asked for a user name, password and email.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're asking for that for the "reservation"

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I put my first and last name.

I assume they will use it for marketing but who knows.

I took a leap of faith…

Hope it doesn’t come back to bite my ass.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:

While it doesn't pertain to the above app, whenever I'm asked for a first and last, I usually break up my screenname and use those for the fields.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I will therfore be, known as, Chimp Nipples.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're asking for that for the "reservation"
I tried the "reservation" via a web browser and got a 405 (Illegal Operation) error code, so I abandoned that approach and grabbed the iPhone app, which did not ask for first and last name, just wanted me to pick a user name and password, and supply an email address for verification.

That worked fine, and I have worked my way up to 201,289 on the waitlist.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Maybe if I sign up I can get some more spam from Trump. Roll Eyes

I gave to his campaign both times, a few hundred dollars I reckon,
and now I get multiple emails from him a day.

I just counted 23 in my trash can in the last 6 days
from Trump and Trump Jr. combined.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go to is Tyler Durden.
Second is Robert Paulson.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Maybe if I sign up I can get some more spam from Trump. Roll Eyes

I gave to his campaign both times, a few hundred dollars I reckon,
and now I get multiple emails from him a day.

I just counted 23 in my trash can in the last 6 days
from Trump and Trump Jr. combined.

Look closely at the sender's email addresses for those messages...Guaranteed it's NOT Donald Trump, OR Don Jr. sending you ANY of those emails!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brianp90:
quote:

Are your true first and last names in your iPhone account settings? I'm pretty sure apps can pull them from there. Dunno for sure.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder the same thing about lots of things I sign up for. A worthwhile watch on the topic of privacy. I don’t think I’ve linked it before. Smarter Every Day - Is your privacy an illusion?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:

Are your true first and last names in your iPhone account settings? I'm pretty sure apps can pull them from there. Dunno for sure.

Yes. I use my real name in my account settings. And I believe you're right. They can harvest
that info. The Truth Social Privacy Policy covers what they will use. Oh boy. I'm on another list.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Truth Social Privacy Policy covers what they will use. Oh boy. I'm on another list.
Yeah, their privacy policies look pretty solid--for now, anyway Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post