SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You guys are gonna think I’ve lost it. I’ve found a land yacht that I REALLY like. 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys are gonna think I’ve lost it. I’ve found a land yacht that I REALLY like. 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
One of my fondest memories of my youth was when my father took the car cover off his 1964 Chrysler New Yorker, a car he rarely drove, and took my brother and I to the Dixie land Raceway, a local race track in Elizabeth City NC to watch some amateur car racing.

That was one of the most fun nights of my life. It is something I’ll never forget.

It might be one of the reasons I love racing so much and it is 100% a reason why I adore cars from the 1960’s. Their style is so unique and easy to love.

While browsing on the Facebook market for another Integra or civic hatchback basket case to build up as a full on race car I came across a most exquisite land yacht.

A gorgeous 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood.

The license plate “Time Bomb” would be awesome on this. Music fans of the band Rancid will get the reference. Big Grin

This thing is HUGE. Yes, it probably sounds ridiculous coming from me but I really like this car!! They are asking $7200 but I bet I could get it for a bit less than that. Damn shame it is all the way in Ohio….

It’s so tempting!

Anyone here ever have one of these boats? If so did you like it?

What a sweet rear end!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Olde skool cool!

I like older cars.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
We had a '65 maroon D'ville convertible, a Black '68 Fleetwood Brougham and a white '70 Fleetwood.

I believe the '68 and '69 had 472 cu engines.

The '65 had a black leather interior and remember our family of 5 driving from MI to Key West several times.The Brougham was back with white leather interior, with white carpet and rear foot rests. It was pretty elegant.

The '70 was nice, just not as nice.

My first car was a '71 Eldorado with an 8.2 liter (500 cu inches) of Detroit muscle. It was a BEAST.

I do not recall any issues with any of the four Cadillacs we owned.

Buy the '69 and don't look back.

Let us know what you do.

Long Live Land Yachts!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
didn't those have the problematic ceramic headers? that 500ci motor was a beast

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6229 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool car. There's plenty of room in the trunk for a small spare car in case of an emergency.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Cool car. There's plenty of room in the trunk for a small spare car in case of an emergency.

Haha, could use that Civic he mentioned as an escape pod!

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

You don't just show up in a black '69 Fleetwood, you arrive!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prototypical American car, because it stretches from Sea to Shining Sea! Cool

My father had a 1971 Coupe DeVille, then a 1979 SDV. Buy and enjoy.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9162 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
My favorite big car back in the day was a 57 300C Chrysler. Loved that car. Had it late high school and first three years of college

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6316 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
That’s not that far to go. They aren’t making them anymore. Do it! Look at that front end!!!!

Posts: 447 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
You don't just show up in a black '69 Fleetwood, you arrive!

Heck, yeah! Cool

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Anyone here ever have one of these boats? If so did you like it?

A friend of mine back in the day had a '72. I loved riding around in that beast! Engine was a 472, if I remember correctly.

The Lovely Girlfriend already knows that although I'm not really a GM fan, I'd snap up an old beast like that one in a hurry if the right one came along.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the big 60's cars, great styling.
Dad had a 74 Lincoln mark IV, with the insanely long hood,I think
a 500 CI engine. Plush interior. At 16 he let me take it out any time I wanted.
A Utube guy has a channel on the big cars of the 60's.

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I 100% think you should buy it. They are classics. I had a 1959 Fleetwood for a while. I absolutely loved that car. There is nothing like driving a big Cadillac.

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But will it run on the crappy gas we have to use now? If it does, then cruise in style!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16099 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I'd drive it.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned three Sedan DeVilles, but none as cool as that ‘Wood! BUY IT!!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
If I had a place to garage it, i'd be on that like white on rice.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5041 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a fog horn on it and enjoy the ride. It's gotta be smooth like most Fleetwood are (were).

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

You could put three stiffs in there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30693 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19 feet long ? I think I could get it in my garage if I came in at an angle.

Buy it and drive it and love that beast.

Posts: 4774 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post