SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need advice on Experian IdentityWorks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on Experian IdentityWorks Login/Join 
posted
I have been informed again that my healthcare information, social security number etc. may have been compromised. I am being offered this service FREE for a year. I do not need advice on freezing credit etc., I am simply looking for anyone who has personal experience with Experian Identity/Works. Good idea or bad idea?

The letter informing me to this service came from the hospital CEO who is at this very moment deeply regretting the compromise and improving the SECURITY POSTURE of their IT department. {Very reassuring}

Thanks

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I just read their sales pitch on this product. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with getting it free for a year. I would make sure it cancels at the end of the year and can't charge you if don't notify them to cancel.

You said you didn't want to know about a credit freeze but that's really all this is except the million dollar insurance if your ID gets stolen (my homeowners policy has that included now too).
The rest just looks like a bunch of sales fluff to justify the price to paying customers.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I will look into Experian a little further. I am skeptical of these kinds of things. Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It works fine. Generally you'll have frequent enough breachs you can can always have one running for free!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. Got a letter to today from the Anesthesia clinic. Someone broke into their storage facility. The cops caught the guys with the medical records and whatever else was there.
I am waiting for more.