SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Law Enforcement in Illinois just got more difficult
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Enforcement in Illinois just got more difficult Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Problem is that most of those leaving these leftist enclaves of oppression and political problems, don't see politics as part of the problem.

So they come to new lands for escape from the crime and the costs of big cities, make money on the sale of property, live off pensions in an area that increased the value of the payment, and yet they bring their same political views. They don't, as a group, think their voting patterns and the politicians it elected were the problem.

As such they have destroyed Colorados politics and gun culture, and ruined Austin politically, if not Dallas and Houston. BBQ is still good in Austin.

So its easy to get why those in free states don't want people from leftist enclaves moving in, regardless of the reason

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Problem is that most of those leaving these leftist enclaves of oppression and political problems, don't see politics as part of the problem.

So they come to new lands for escape from the crime and the costs of big cities, make money on the sale of property, live off pensions from corrupt cities and bring their same political views. They don't, as a group, think their voting patterns and the politicians it elected were the problem.

As such they have destroyed Colorados politics and gun culture, and ruined Austins politically, if not Dallas and Houston.

So its easy to get why those in free states don't want people from leftist enclaves moving in, regardless of the reason
See, we all get that, but we're not talking about the gen-pop here, we're talking about street cops, who celticwolf seems a bit jaded against....

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You guys are wasting your breath. There’s no reasoning with that level of hatred.

There is zero hatred. It's an objective opinion based on established facts.

Here in Yavapai County, we have some of the most level headed LEO's I have ever encountered. Do I want the Chicago Way coming here? Hell no.

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Every time you post in this thread you make yourself look dumber and dumber. And don't quote some bullshit DOJ report that was tainted before it even began. If you had a clue as to who they talked to and who they didn't and who wrote it maybe you would not be so quick to post bullshit.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Every time you post in this thread you make yourself look dumber and dumber. And don't quote some bullshit DOJ report that was tainted before it even began. If you had a clue as to who they talked to and who they didn't and who wrote it maybe you would not be so quick to post bullshit.

[sarcasm] Oh sure, like you were there Razz [/sarcasm]

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Apologize for what Darth? Not needed at all.

We know that there's assholes all over, some are hidden, some don't show themselves.

This one jumped up and waived his dainty little hand and introduced himself!

Makes me wince a bit at the idea that you guys might think we are not with you

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Like Empire State, having met several of you, I know you're the real deal.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I'm thinking he's probably a RINO.

Well I am a Libertarian, so definitely not a RINO.

You are showing yourself to be an ASS! Roll Eyes

The problems in Chicago, and the 'Chicago Way' have nothing to do with the 'Rank and File' LEO's of the CPD!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8884 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

One reason why I left Orlando is because it's turning into a little NYC and Puerto Rico. Both places filled with corruption and people wanting to turn it back to the places they fled.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:

I haven't been indoctrinated by anyone, as I don't drink "koolaid". I am a natural cynic and believe in seeing things from a neutral view. I'm a "show me" kind of guy, and I walk the walk. I'm no jackboot, I live by the golden rule and have a solid reputation that has been built on "street cred" in that people know I'm straightforward, honest and keep my word. It took me years to build that reputation, and I won't change it for anyone. As a former painter I rarely used the broad brush to paint things, I like to use the fine point brush as I get the best results with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2: "The Chicago way" is a completely different standard. The rest of the state may follow these rules, but here, we tend to do things differently. I'm sure CPD SIG and Bulldog know what I mean. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

These 2 statements don't jive.

You obviously don't know what "The Chicago Way" really is. It would be lost on you since you have no idea what I'm talking about. A clue is that it has nothing to do with Law Enforcement, it's pure politics. They call this the "Windy City" when it's not known for the actual wind speed. Maybe someone you know and trust can explain it to you, since you seem to have a slight bias against CPD.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:

So they come to new lands for escape from the crime and the costs of big cities, make money on the sale of property, live off pensions from corrupt cities and bring their same political views. They don't, as a group, think their voting patterns and the politicians it elected were the problem.

As such they have destroyed Colorados politics and gun culture, and ruined Austins politically, if not Dallas and Houston.

See, we all get that, but we're not talking about the gen-pop here, we're talking about street cops, who celticwolf seems a bit jaded against....

Yes I understand about LEO moving, but to think 100% of law enforcement is a conservative enclave is a bit presumptive. Every group has people on both sides of the spectrum.

Like saying all Union members are democrats, or all Conservatives are pro firearm, it's why we have laws like preemption that prohibits local venues from putting in more restrictions than the state provides.

Plus on the larger scale we've seen the destruction of states political leaning from the movement of people from states that are heavily democrat.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I'm thinking he's probably a RINO.

Well I am a Libertarian, so definitely not a RINO.

You are showing yourself to be an ASS! Roll Eyes

The problems in Chicago, and the 'Chicago Way' have nothing to do with the 'Rank and File' LEO's of the CPD!

Yes it does. How do you think it has perpetuated all these decades? It's a voluntary job.

While many want to throw shade at the report I posted. Note how no one is challenging anything in it. Read it and tell me if you would work in an organization like that. You either adopt the "Chicago Way" or you don't last long.

It reminds me of the corrupt stuff that happened to Christopher Dorner. Although, I do not condone his extreme response.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klusk2:

You obviously don't know what "The Chicago Way" really is. It would be lost on you since you have no idea what I'm talking about. A clue is that it has nothing to do with Law Enforcement, it's pure politics. They call this the "Windy City" when it's not known for the actual wind speed. Maybe someone you know and trust can explain it to you, since you seem to have a slight bias against CPD.

I was always under the impression it started with the Chicago Mafias, and has always been a stand in term for various forms of corruption a blind eye was being turned toward. Your statement seems to spur this on.

If I am wrong teach me.

I am sure you are familiar with the DOJ report. How much of it is fabricated?

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Pg 75.

"1. Code of silence
One way to cover up police misconduct is when officers affirmatively lie about it or intentionally omit material facts. The Mayor has acknowledged that a “code of silence” exists within CPD, and his opinion is shared by current officers and former high-level CPD officials interviewed during our investigation. Indeed, in an interview made public in December 2016, the President of the police officer’s union admitted to such a code of silence within CPD, saying “there’s a code of silence everywhere, everybody has it . . . so why would the [Chicago Police] be any different.” One CPD sergeant told us that, “if someone comes forward as a whistleblower in the Department, they are dead on the street.”

When officers falsify reports and affirmatively lie in interviews and testimony, this goes well beyond any passive code of silence; it constitutes a deliberate, fundamental, and corrosive violation of CPD policy that must be dealt with independently and without reservation if the City and CPD are genuine in their efforts to have a functioning system of accountability that vindicates the rights of individuals who are abused by CPD officers."

So is this fabricated?

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
It is written by social justice warriors with an agenda and is biased. The fact that you keep referring to it as gospel and pontificating about issues and a location you know nothing about makes you look more foolish with every post.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't even waste your time. The guy is a goof and doesn't even comprehend who wrote the report or why. He's not worth the energy it takes to show him how dumb he is.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't even waste your time. The guy is a goof and doesn't even comprehend who wrote the report or why. He's not worth the energy it takes to show him how dumb he is.

You're right of course.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Attacks on the messenger are poor form. Show me how dumb I am, refute the information within. The stuff in that report makes CPD look like Jackboots, and not once in this thread has a CPD Officer denied the validity of the substance. But they have bragged about rules not applying to them.

Of all of it, the evidence of Cops lying for Cops (many times busted on video after the fact) is the most disturbing to me. If you cover for bad cop, you're a bad cop. It's systematic in the CPD, and has been for decades.

I stand by my assertion, no one should want those cops in their town.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Hey celticwolf, out of all the "reports" that Obummer's Justice Department wrote and all the departments they investigated, how many officers were prosecuted for the "allegations" in those reports? Zero. None. Hmmm, does that make sense. You see most of those reports had unsubstantiated or false allegations listed in order to justify a Federal Civil Lawsuit against the department and city. A lawsuit that would take years and years to finally come to court. Some cities and departments tried to fight them but after a while the cost of trying to fight was too much, so they settled and entered into the Consent Decree. Now for why no criminal prosecutions have ever occurred; In Federal Criminal Court, a defendant has a right to a speedy trial (like in about 180 days, if not continued by the defendant). Different rules of discovery and evidence apply. Also "the beyond a reasonable doubt" applies as compared to Civil Court where a simple preponderance of evidence applies.

The Chicago Way is actually the Democrat Way, which will eventually be in every state and city ran by dims.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job celtic, good job!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8343 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Hey celticwolf, out of all the "reports" that Obummer's Justice Department wrote and all the departments they investigated, how many officers were prosecuted for the "allegations" in those reports? Zero. None. Hmmm, does that make sense. You see most of those reports had unsubstantiated or false allegations listed in order to justify a Federal Civil Lawsuit against the department and city. A lawsuit that would take years and years to finally come to court. Some cities and departments tried to fight them but after a while the cost of trying to fight was too much, so they settled and entered into the Consent Decree. Now for why no criminal prosecutions have ever occurred; In Federal Criminal Court, a defendant has a right to a speedy trial (like in about 180 days, if not continued by the defendant. Also different rules of discovery and evidence apply. Also "the beyond a reasonable doubt" applies as compared to Civil Court where a simple preponderance of evidence applies.

So explain to me, why Obama, Master of the Daley Machine, would send his DOJ after Chicago? The Chicago he installed his good buddy as Mayor of.

Chicago made Obama; it's not adding up to me. How did he profit?

As far as prosecutions; you left out the qualified immunity part.