SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is a good digital timer brand?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a good digital timer brand? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I have tried two Defiant brand digital timers for my front porch light. It is wired with a neutral bundle of 4 or so wires, so it should work. It works but randomly it turns off and back on every few minutes. The bulb is an LED.

I need a new brand. This one is going to drive me nuts. It needs to adapt to the seasonal changes too.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is the one I install in all my customers houses, hundreds installed, only one that I know of have ever failed. Battery lasts five+ years, no neutral required.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
If the light can be controlled by a switch, and assuming you have WiFi near, install one of these TP Link KASA HS200. These are basically an evolution from the switch skins recommended. Control it from your phone and set up as many timed events as you want. They're really a piece of cake to use.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I’m upgrading all of the switches in my house to smart. Went with the Lutron Caseta system. No complaints so far and I really like being able to set lighting scenes, schedules, and whatnot.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post