SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Simple karma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simple karma Login/Join 
posted
Still kinda new here and I don't post a lot, but glean a lot of free info from the wealth of knowledge. I contribute where I can, but still feel that I gain more than I give. I'll keep trying.

Anyway, I have up for a simple karma a 2018 National WASP 'Fly Girls' calendar. It's not a big dollar value item, but it is filled with a lot of historic and interesting photos. I know we mush have a few members that would find this a nice addition to a collection. I'll try to choose a winner by the end of the year and send it out shortly thereafter. The only requirement is a valid email in your profile. And an appreciation for those that flew these birds. I don't have a picture, but you can likely Google it if you wish to see one.
s.

**sorry for the confusion; this was brought back to the top to award the karma, not to re-issue it. downtownv has won it**

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sorenson,

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not for me, thanks, but:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Fly Girl, I'm sort of a Fly Geezer, but I would like a chance at the calendar, please.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
My favorite era. Thanks for sharing!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd like a shot at this. Great historic era and worth the reminder.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I'm in my dad flew B-17's
Thank you, Merry Christmas

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Cool, my former boss’s mom was WASP.

Not interested in the Karma as I have no use for one.

Already sleeping with a grandma and if I am gonna look at other girlies, I’d prefer them to be less than halfway to triple digit age Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My wife teaches a course "history of Warfare ".
Count me in for this to hang in her classroom.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'll take it for just the classic feel it has. Fave era

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks like downtownv was the most random...

I'll contact you and try to get it into the mail when I get back to work Tuesday.

Thanks to all who showed interest.
S.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Wow Thanks Sorenson, It will be posted where Many can appreciate it, The CLC at tHe Philadelphia VA!
DTV

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. I love the planes and love the history.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3694 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. Thanks

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list, I would love to hang it in my reloading/office here in my man room.

Thanks for the chance!

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
my dad flew B-17's

That is awesome. Congratulations on winning the karma!

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post