SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netflix employees fired over executive complaints over messaging app
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix employees fired over executive complaints over messaging app Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I warn my people that ANYTHING electronic in the building is monitored.
Every computer, notebook, notepad, PDA, cell phone.

Don't do ANYTHING stupid.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
When I entered the work force almost sixty years ago, I was given some good advice: Don't shit where you eat.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I learned my lesson a while back at work when commenting on an article about our health insurance. We went from 12 different plans over the years to two: “take it or leave it” and it’s barely better than Obamacare. Basically it’s a sucky high deductible plan where we have to pay a LOT to even have it then pay EVERYTHING out of pocket until the deductible is hit. It’s like having no health insurance at all in a normal year Mad

Anyway, I made a sort of snarky comment related to all that, it wasn’t angry, it wasn’t attacking anyone. Just sort of a smart alec comment on the whole thing.

The next day my manager calls me into his office and shuts the door. Tells me HR and upper management wants to know why I am “disgruntled”?

Message heard loud and clear: STFU and do your job

I avoid commenting on any company news articles and especially stay the hell off Slack.

They set up a channel called “the Break Room” where employees are supposed to able to talk work and vent a little but very few people have used it as one person posted: “IT’S A TRAP!”

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post