SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm Rightwire, and I approve this message
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Rightwire, and I approve this message Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Granted, this is the time of the year when we're all sick to death of political ads. I understand when an ad airs that doesn't feature the candidate that you probably need to endorse it as real.

However....

I really am sick of watching the candidate spend 2 minutes and 2 seconds telling me their views, then closing with he/she approves the message. Really Einstein? How many commercials do you tape and release where you state things that you DON'T approve? How often does verbiage roll out of the slit under your nose that you don't condone or approve? If that's a problem for you, seek treatment or stop drinking.

This is Rightwire and I approve this message.

PS For the sanity of Para, LBJ, Arc, LDD and the rest, PLEASE don't turn this into a trend here.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38004 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any Politician who voices that disclaimer receives the lowest commercial advertising rate.

Yes, they wrote the rules.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I get it, however, I think it is a consequence of one of the campaign laws that is supposed to prevent outlandish or libelous campaign ads. The candidates are required to make the statement, so they can't distance themselves from it later and blame it on overzealous supporters.

It was supposed to keep campaigns more honest and civil.

BAHAHAHA!

Buried in McCain-Feingold after a bit of research. "Stand By Your Ad" part of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I get it, however, I think it is a consequence of one of the campaign laws that is supposed to prevent outlandish or libelous campaign ads. The candidates are required to make the statement, so they can't distance themselves from it later and blame it on overzealous supporters.

It was supposed to keep campaigns more honest and civil.

BAHAHAHA!

Buried in McCain-Feingold after a bit of research. "Stand By Your Ad" part of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act.

^^^this, required.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2015 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Granted, this is the time of the year when we're all sick to death of political ads. I understand when an ad airs that doesn't feature the candidate that you probably need to endorse it as real.

However....

I really am sick of watching the candidate spend 2 minutes and 2 seconds telling me their views, then closing with he/she approves the message. Really Einstein? How many commercials do you tape and release where you state things that you DON'T approve? How often does verbiage roll out of the slit under your nose that you don't condone or approve? If that's a problem for you, seek treatment or stop drinking.

This is Rightwire and I approve this message.

PS For the sanity of Para, LBJ, Arc, LDD and the rest, PLEASE don't turn this into a trend here.

I see you have been watching our Governor's race with Gretchen "Fix the damn roads" Whittmer......

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8138 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post