SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Denver airport worker fired for stealing guns & other valuables
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Denver airport worker fired for stealing guns & other valuables Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
http://denver.cbslocal.com/201...s-dia-baggage-theft/

DENVER (CBS4)– CBS4 has learned that an employee at Denver International Airport has been fired and charged with rifling through passengers’ checked bags on three occasions, and stealing guns out of their luggage.

The worker, Melvin Deandre Lewis, 24, worked for Air Serv, a vendor that handles bags and other services for airlines. According to court documents and interviews, Denver police believe Lewis opened United Airlines passengers checked bags and stole firearms in April and on two occasions in May.

Contacted by CBS4, Lewis denied being involved in the thefts.

”No, that was never me… that’s not me,” said Lewis. “I never took anything out of no bag. I’m not really worried about it.”

Denver prosecutors have now charged Lewis with multiple felony counts in connection with the gun thefts.

Air Serv fired Lewis and his airport security badge was pulled June 1.

DIA police commander Tony Lopez told CBS4, “We’re confident his arrest sent a message to anyone else at DIA in that function that intends to commit a crime that crime doesn’t pay.”

Lopez acknowledged there has been an upswing in reports of items being stolen out of checked bags at DIA but he said that could be due to a commensurate increase in passenger traffic at the airport.

CBS4 reviewed reports filed by DIA passengers for the first six months of 2017 and found passengers reporting everything from watches and earrings, to laptops and sentimental items, stolen out of their checked bags.

A New Jersey prosecutor’s office investigator who had just attended a conference on terrorist bombings in Denver reported his bag was looted at DIA and hundreds of dollars of belongings were stolen.

Posts: 19579 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
”No, that was never me… that’s not me,” said Lewis. “I never took anything out of no bag.

^^^Says Melvin Deandre. Uh-huh.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Hope he gets everything he deserves.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lewis: "I didn' do nuttin, why you pickin' on me, 'cause I'm black".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post