SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Tractor Trailer hauling Millions in narcotics seized
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Tractor Trailer hauling Millions in narcotics seized Login/Join 
posted
The story states 2 grams of Fentanyl is lethal. I think 2 grams would kill a lot of people,and they probably meant 2 milligrams.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-MILLION-people.html

Cops in Nebraska seize enough fentanyl to kill 26 MILLION people - or nearly the entire population of Texas

Troopers found 118lbs of fentanyl inside false compartment in a tracotr-trailer on April 26
This was the largest fentanyl seizure in the history of Nebraska, and one of the largest ever in the US
Drugs may have been worth up to $20million on the street and could have killed 26.8million people
Felipe Genao-Minaya, 46, and Nelson Nunez, 52, were arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver
Fentanyl is 30-50 times more potent than heroin and just 2 grams of it can be lethal

The Nebraska State Patrol says the 118lbs of suspected cocaine and fentanyl that troopers seized last month turned out to be all fentanyl, which would have been enough to kill more than 26million people.

The patrol says the stash was the largest fentanyl seizure in the history of Nebraska to date, and one of the largest ever in the US.

The drugs may have been worth up to $20million on the street, according to the agency's estimates. The Drug Enforcement Administration says just 2 milligrams of fentanyl, which is 30-50 times more potent than heroin, can be lethal.

The foil-wrapped packages were found at around 10.20am on April 26 after a trooper pulled over an eastbound 2013 Freightliner truck-tractor driving on the shoulder near mile marker 280 on Interstate 80 near Kearney, 170 miles southwest of Omaha.

Troopers searched the vehicle and discovered a false compartment in the empty trailer. The compartment contained 42 foil-wrapped packages containing 118lbs of powdery substance that turned out to be fentanyl.

Troopers did not test the suspected fentanyl on the spot due to the 'dangerous nature of the substance,' and instead sent it to the Nebraska State Patrol Crime Lab.

The driver of the truck, Felipe Genao-Minaya, 46, and passenger, Nelson Nunez, 52, both of New Jersey, were arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and no Drug Tax stamp. Both men were taken to Buffalo County Jail.

Posts: 12688 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
..and no Drug Tax stamp.

The most serious offense, not cutting Uncle Sam in. Wink

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
They should get the death penalty

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:

Well, they lost the load, so their employees may give you your wish.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:

Yes! But unfortunately will not happen. I have long held the view that drug dealers should be summarily executed.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Cops seized 94 pounds of marijuana in freaking Wheeling WV this week. 2 Chinese guys had it packed in their car. I changed my carry weapon from a Model 36 to a sp101 in .357 mag, its starting to get crazy.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
A quick opinion.

Legalize drugs with the same restrictions as booze, i.e., no driving if high, etc.

Let the drug takers overdose. Let them die. They chose too.

End of problem.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many semi's have to get through to their destinations ,
so that losing one, still makes you a billion dollars a month?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many semi's have to get through to their destinations ,
so that losing one, still makes you a billion dollars a month?

I don't think I can work this math story problem without some more numbers. I would guess three or four depending on the cargo, but I really have no idea.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those Nebraska cops must be so happy that Colorado legalized weed. I bet it helps a lot with the state budget.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post