SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Back in a metal watch! Citizen CZ Hybrid Smart watch! Thanks Dave Truong!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back in a metal watch! Citizen CZ Hybrid Smart watch! Thanks Dave Truong!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I really like that watch.

I was one of the unfortunate souls who got Citizens first smart watch the Citizen CZ Smart. While it had some neat functions it really left a lot to be desired.

Your watch looks like Citizen learned from their mistakes and has drastically improved their design. Smile

I posted awhile ago and you mentioned having the CZ. I just did not want another full digital watch so I did not jump.
Glad I waited. Kind of bummed about the alarm business and that I got a bum one to start off but that will get taken care of I am sure. Just waiting to hear back from Dave if that is something he is able to handle since it is brand new or goes through Citizen.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25515 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

I was one of the unfortunate souls who got Citizens first smart watch the Citizen CZ Smart. While it had some neat functions it really left a lot to be desired.

Your watch looks like Citizen learned from their mistakes and has drastically improved their design. Smile

I posted awhile ago and you mentioned having the CZ. I just did not want another full digital watch so I did not jump.
Glad I waited. Kind of bummed about the alarm business and that I got a bum one to start off but that will get taken care of I am sure. Just waiting to hear back from Dave if that is something he is able to handle since it is brand new or goes through Citizen.

A brand new model should be enroute, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6022 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
quote:

A brand new model should be enroute, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Much appreciated my friend. No real inconvenience to me and nothing you could have known or done anything about.
As always an absolute pleasure doing business with you!

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Was not home to sign for it yesterday so picked it up at the post office this morning and dropped the other one off.

This one is operating as it should.
Thanks again my friend.

————————————————

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yet again another episode / testament of Dave's fantastic customer service!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16325 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Kudos to Dave T for taking care of us! cool watch...

But Black, seriously, how does your heart rate go from 71 bpm in the 1st picture posted to 107 bpm in the very next picture?

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark in Michigan:
Kudos to Dave T for taking care of us! cool watch...

But Black, seriously, how does your heart rate go from 71 bpm in the 1st picture posted to 107 bpm in the very next picture?

About a 20 minute time difference between the 2 pictures.

————————————————

I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Got it, thanks.
M

Posts: 504 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got my CZ Smart today, in black. Anniversary gift from my wife, after I mentioned it from this thread. Courtesy of/via Dave T & Mimi's!

Liking it so far & my Citizen F150 will probably get rarely worn now.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15516 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Got my CZ Smart today, in black. Anniversary gift from my wife, after I mentioned it from this thread. Courtesy of/via Dave T & Mimi's!

Liking it so far & my Citizen F150 will probably get rarely worn now.

Did you get the Hybrid or full digital?

————————————————

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hybrid.
Still figuring out the UI, but overall pretty intuitive.

Posts: 15516 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
FYI if you prefer wearing a traditional watch on your left, and the Hybrid on your right, you can switch the display to leftie. However you will need to flip the strap too, or else the excess strap will poke you.

Posts: 2023 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I saw the lefty mode, I wear my watch on my left wrist, so it's all good.
With the non-rotating bezel, I'd hate the watch being 'upside down' in lefty mode.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hybrid.
Still figuring out the UI, but overall pretty intuitive.

Took a bit of fooling with. I have it where I like it but I am sure there is more I could do with it.

————————————————

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
...With the non-rotating bezel, I'd hate the watch being 'upside down' in lefty mode.

I'm so use to having useless (to me) slide rule bezels on my watches, I almost never look at the bezel these days. Doesn't bother me.

Posts: 2023 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Something I noticed for the first time last night.
There is some very faint lume on the hands & hour ticks. Just enough to read the time without needing to illuminate the digital face.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Very cool watch! It's not for me, because of the many ways in which I use my Apple Watch, but it is cool.

If I do end up dumping Apple and moving back to Android, I can see myself getting one of those.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Citizen confirmed there is no way to set an alarm on the watch itself only by way of the app. That is a huge design flaw in my book especially for a hybrid watch. Not sure how they let that slip through the crack.

Also there is no snooze for the alarm.

Now Need to find a 26mm bracelet with a flat top link as that is what they advised for a bracelet.

Did you ever end up with a replacement strap/bracelet?
I'm thinking about going down that rabbit hole, as I find the rubber strap just a bit too grippy, especially on fabric.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Citizen confirmed there is no way to set an alarm on the watch itself only by way of the app. That is a huge design flaw in my book especially for a hybrid watch. Not sure how they let that slip through the crack.

Also there is no snooze for the alarm.

Now Need to find a 26mm bracelet with a flat top link as that is what they advised for a bracelet.

Did you ever end up with a replacement strap/bracelet?
I'm thinking about going down that rabbit hole, as I find the rubber strap just a bit too grippy, especially on fabric.

So we just got back from traveling for the last 3 weeks almost.
So I spent most of my time in the ocean, a pool, hot tub or water slide.
I really liked the rubber strap in that environment.
Been home a few days now and got to put the bracelet on that arrived while I was gone.
I got a cheap bracelet to try it out and I like it so far. I wish the center lugs were smaller but the blue is almost an identical match to the Citizen blue bezel. While the watch had some decent weight before it is pretty much perfect now. I do however highly enjoy heavy watch.

————————————————

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Black, have you had any issues keeping the watch paired?
Seems, since I've been wearing the Monster a lot, the Citizen will get to the point it no longer will connect to the phone app.
I've even tried syncing it, manually, to the phone daily; doesn't seem to make any difference.

Have had to remove/unpair & re-add a few times, but now that isn't even working. Just get stuck in a 'try again' loop with no success.