SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought 8 Sig pistols, Sig not honoring promo codes. (SIG now is, salesman erred).
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought 8 Sig pistols, Sig not honoring promo codes. (SIG now is, salesman erred). Login/Join 
posted
Over a several year period I purchased eight new Sig pistols, both Classic and P320s. Each came with a written guarantee of a 20% off promo code for future parts or accessories. There was no expiration date.

However now when I call to order Sig parts, they have stopped honoring these promo codes. I suspect some bean counter somewhere is behind this. Any recommendations on someone to call at Sig, who would be more understanding about the matter?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4040 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Unless you can find small print somewhere stating that the offer can be rescinded at any time without prior notification, it sounds like breach of contract, or at least false advertising. Have you called and asked to speak with a supervisor? Seems like a pretty shitty business model in any case.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Back when SIG was still making the 556, I got a defective one. There had been an error in the CNC programming which caused premature wear on the rifle. It was a very small run and SIG CS was trying to dodge the issue as it would require them to replace the entire firearm. I did some digging on the internet and found Ron Cohen’s personal contact information at SIG and sent him him a letter with pictures. I told him the CS responses was not acceptable and that I wanted a new rifle. Low and behold, SIG CS immediately contacted me with the offer of a new rifle which I happily accepted.

I’d do some digging and contact Cohen.

Posts: 12430 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies! I sent am email to Ron Cohen himself, and included proof of purchases, serial numbers, etc.

-c1steve

Posts: 4040 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig customer service got back to me. Most of the codes I gave them were active, but the sales employee screwed up somehow. He probably did not know they existed, I was told. Sig rep told me if I have any more issues with the discount codes, to call him directly.

The P320 upgrade program discount codes expired in 2018, something I forgot about. The Sig rep told me he will give me a discount using those codes, but will be 20%, which was very generous.

As Bruce Gray commented, Sig is a great company. I can see why they are so successful.

-c1steve

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very good

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post