SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I was digging around in the closet and found a package!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I was digging around in the closet and found a package!!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Are there two types of p226 mags? Phosphate coated and non?

Yes. Believe the phosphate coated ones started around the time of the NSW 226 since it had phosphate coated internals.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Nice score. Hope you still have the 226. Big Grin

-------------------------

Will never part with it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25432 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Bubble wrap time capsule. Enjoy the fact that they (you) planned ahead for... well... you.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I thought it was just me

Posts: 26933 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 2015, I would never have stuck those in a closet and forgotten them. Today, well that's a different story. Smile

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice surprise!

I found five new GI AR mags the other day in a closet. I knew I had them, but hadn't laid eyes on them for a while.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Weird week.
Dropped into the local reloading shop and they had $5 off die sets so I grabbed a 30-06 and .270 Win set.
Opened up the reloading cabinet when I got home and there was a brand new .270 Win die set sitting on the shelf. Sure don't remember buying that.

Guess maybe I am getting old.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25432 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find something I bought and forgot (sometimes even to open like the OP) a couple times a year. We get 50 rounds of practice ammo a month at work and every once in a while I'll find a few hundred rounds of it tucked away somewhere. Most of my .40 shooting is at work anyway, so their ammo just piles up.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd keep digging around until I either found the gun the mags went to or the closet was empty. Big Grin

Ken

Posts: 1050 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post