SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Didn't want to start new thread, but we are off to another Virginia election in Nov 2021.

We will elect VA Governor, LT Governor, Attorney General, and

100 members of the VA House of Delegates

Virginia Republicans just selected candidates:

Glenn Youngkin for Governor
Winsome Sears for LT Governor
Jason Miyares for Attorney General

I was a delegate to the REP "drive thru" convention. I think we have a good team of candidates.

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this
I have not been keeping up on these things like I should
I just got so frustrated I had to turn off all forms of news, and that includes my favorite subject which is the Middle East.

We'll need more than a good team, we need R's to turn out and vote.

We also need these candidates to be good snake charmers/salesman/orators to convince the masses of all the damage these D's have done to this once proud state.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Hopefully NoVa had had enough and will allow thr state to have a republican governor. It has been a long six years.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3568 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling quite optimistic about this slate of candidates.

Particularly Jason Miyares, the candidate for AG.

https://omny.fm/shows/mornings...son-miyares-05-06-21

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I really hope you guys are right and we see a change but I don't have a lot of hope. We republicans are outnumbered and I'm already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

Time to kick the defeatist attitudes out of 'em. I finally got it through to a couple of mine, you can do it too. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13394 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
vthoky, I'll keep workin' on 'em. Just hope I can persuade them before it's too late.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's the spirit! Don't give up, man. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13394 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really hope you guys are right and we see a change but I don't have a lot of hope. We republicans are outnumbered and I'm already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

I am pretty confident that the state is lost, I will still go and vote every single election. If nothing else it's a check on power. If they win in a landslide they feel invincible if they win by 2 points then they fear not getting reelected again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20738 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
If they win in a landslide they feel invincible if they win by 2 points then they fear not getting reelected again.

Nicely stated.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
According to an on-line story from WaPo, Delegate Mark Levine from Alexandria (the front guy for many of the bills from Hell we experienced here in VA the other year) lost his seat in the House during yesterday's election primary. He was also running for Lt. Gov. Lost that one too. Hopefully we'll get confirmation on this later in the day.

ETA: He lost his House seat by a margin of about 20% of the vote to the vice mayor of Alexandria, according to the Board of Elections.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
According to an on-line story from WaPo, Delegate Mark Levine from Alexandria (the front guy for many of the bills from Hell we experienced here in VA the other year) lost his seat in the House during yesterday's election primary. He was also running for Lt. Gov. Lost that one too. Hopefully we'll get confirmation on this later in the day.

ETA: He lost his House seat by a margin of about 20% of the vote to the vice mayor of Alexandria, according to the Board of Elections.

That is the best news I have heard lately. What do we know about his replacement?

Posts: 616 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

Time to kick the defeatist attitudes out of 'em. I finally got it through to a couple of mine, you can do it too. Wink

Preach it! I’m certain we’re fucked as a state but I jump all over my friends if I hear this kind of bullshit.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://richmond.com/news/stat...f1-a553c58ef7fa.html

Del. Mark Levine, D-Alexandria, who sought the Democratic nomination for lieutenant governor on Tuesday, lost his seat in the House of Delegates.

Levine fell to Alexandria Vice Mayor Elizabeth Bennett-Parker for the Democratic nomination in House District 45, which is mostly in Alexandria but includes parts of Arlington and Fairfax counties.

Stopping gun violence and domestic violence are the top issues for Levine, a member of the House of Delegates since 2016.

Bennett-Parker, co-director of a nonprofit, has served on the Alexandria City Council for three years.

The district votes overwhelmingly for Democrats. The Democratic nominee will face Republican JD Maddox in the fall.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

That is the best news I have heard lately. What do we know about his replacement?

She sounds like another Alexandria Dem. Party Machine person to me. I've not heard much of her, but to make it in Alexandria you've got to fit in.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stickman428:
Come on Virginia. DO NOT ELECT THIS CLOWN.
/QUOTE]

AGAIN

Posts: 12546 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
McAwful spent a lot of coin crowing about how he was supported by Northam.
I'm waiting for someone to post a meme about Ralph and Terry using that famous pic from Ralph's yearbook.

*cough* Stickman! *cough, cough, ahem*

'scuse me.

(Insert evil grin here.)

God bless America.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Daniel Gade is working full time supporting the Glenn Younkin campaign.

Youngkin is the Republican candidate who will be against Terry McAuliffe in the November 2021 election for Virginia Governor.

Voter turnout in the odd year Virginia Governor elections is usually much lower than turnout in the presidential elections.

In 2017 Gov Northam (D) won with 1,408,818 votes.

In 2020, Gade lost the senate race to Mark Warner. Gade got 1,934,199 votes

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
What is being done to assure it will be a free and fair election void of fraud?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11042 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I did that. I should have explained why. My bad. I thought about it for a little and didn’t think it was clever of me or nearly the best I could do. It could be argued I was mocking his clown like appearance. I don’t need to create work for the mods especially over a mid to low tier meme.

Fear not. I’m working on something better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post