SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
McAuliffe left office in January 2018.

Darn shame the carpetbagger couldn't see fit to leave Virginia then, too.

guessing Biden did not find a spot for him,

The corrupt Dems love the power high. They want the power until they crumble to dust.

美しい犬

Posts: 6244 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
McAuliffe announces run for Virginia governor

https://wcyb.com/news/local/mc...or-virginia-governor

Former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe wants his old job back.

The Democrat formally kicked off his campaign for a second term Wednesday in Richmond with the slogan "Think Big. Be Bold."

McAuliffe left office in January 2018. Virginia law prohibits governors from serving back-to-back terms.

My God, I hate that man, between him and Kaine they top my list of local politicians I hate. Though fight too since our local BoS chair is close to the devil and we also feature the Trump flicker offer bike rider on our BoS too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 18254 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a person could get nervous

Biden - China

From 2016 :

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/0...e-wang-wenliang.html

Four years ago (2012), one of China’s largest agricultural importers sent representatives to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., hoping that meetings with elite party officials might yield business opportunities.

The meetings, arranged by a former South Carolina governor, marked a period of expansion in the United States for Dandong and its affiliated companies, involving negotiations with officials in Washington, Arkansas, South Carolina and Virginia.

But now, the company’s widening influence is coming under scrutiny by federal prosecutors, who are examining the relationship between Dandong’s wealthy and connected chairman, Wang Wenliang, and Gov. Terry McAuliffe of Virginia, a Democrat who was elected in 2013.

A federal law enforcement official said the inquiry included $120,000 in contributions that a New Jersey construction firm controlled by Mr. Wang made to Mr. McAuliffe’s 2013 campaign and inaugural committee

Though Mr. Wang is a Chinese citizen, he is also a legal permanent resident of the United States, according to a spokeswoman for him, which entitles him to make campaign contributions.

The inquiry was first reported on Monday by CNN, which said that the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Justice Department’s public integrity unit were involved in the review. The inquiry also encompasses Mr. McAuliffe’s role as a board member of the Clinton Foundation, to which another company linked to Mr. Wang pledged a $2 million contribution in 2013. The foundation has raised millions of dollars from companies and wealthy individuals overseas as well as from foreign governments.

McAuliffe - China

Posts: 16710 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sdy

Thanks for posting that.

Wonder what Northam's angle is?

美しい犬

Posts: 6244 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to search for it, but recently I saw an article regarding the Biden family connections that they listed to help sell themselves to the CCP; McAuliffe was one of them. May the truth be told about it. This could have been on a Twitter feed though. He helped open the coffers in China for the Clintons and the DNC back when.

I'll also admit that I too had hoped that Mr. Gade would toss his hat into the ring for the Governorship, but we shall see what happens in the next few months.

Posts: 2359 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Didn't want to start new thread, but we are off to another Virginia election in Nov 2021.

We will elect VA Governor, LT Governor, Attorney General, and

100 members of the VA House of Delegates

Virginia Republicans just selected candidates:

Glenn Youngkin for Governor
Winsome Sears for LT Governor
Jason Miyares for Attorney General

I was a delegate to the REP "drive thru" convention. I think we have a good team of candidates.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this
I have not been keeping up on these things like I should
I just got so frustrated I had to turn off all forms of news, and that includes my favorite subject which is the Middle East.

We'll need more than a good team, we need R's to turn out and vote.

We also need these candidates to be good snake charmers/salesman/orators to convince the masses of all the damage these D's have done to this once proud state.

Posts: 1550 | Location: Pit stop back in Durham | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Hopefully NoVa had had enough and will allow thr state to have a republican governor. It has been a long six years.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 2968 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling quite optimistic about this slate of candidates.

Particularly Jason Miyares, the candidate for AG.

https://omny.fm/shows/mornings...son-miyares-05-06-21

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 1982 | Location: Eastern Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I really hope you guys are right and we see a change but I don't have a lot of hope. We republicans are outnumbered and I'm already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1463 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

Time to kick the defeatist attitudes out of 'em. I finally got it through to a couple of mine, you can do it too. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 11017 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
vthoky, I'll keep workin' on 'em. Just hope I can persuade them before it's too late.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1463 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's the spirit! Don't give up, man. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 11017 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really hope you guys are right and we see a change but I don't have a lot of hope. We republicans are outnumbered and I'm already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

I am pretty confident that the state is lost, I will still go and vote every single election. If nothing else it's a check on power. If they win in a landslide they feel invincible if they win by 2 points then they fear not getting reelected again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 18254 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
If they win in a landslide they feel invincible if they win by 2 points then they fear not getting reelected again.

Nicely stated.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
According to an on-line story from WaPo, Delegate Mark Levine from Alexandria (the front guy for many of the bills from Hell we experienced here in VA the other year) lost his seat in the House during yesterday's election primary. He was also running for Lt. Gov. Lost that one too. Hopefully we'll get confirmation on this later in the day.

ETA: He lost his House seat by a margin of about 20% of the vote to the vice mayor of Alexandria, according to the Board of Elections.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
According to an on-line story from WaPo, Delegate Mark Levine from Alexandria (the front guy for many of the bills from Hell we experienced here in VA the other year) lost his seat in the House during yesterday's election primary. He was also running for Lt. Gov. Lost that one too. Hopefully we'll get confirmation on this later in the day.

ETA: He lost his House seat by a margin of about 20% of the vote to the vice mayor of Alexandria, according to the Board of Elections.

That is the best news I have heard lately. What do we know about his replacement?

Posts: 538 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
already hearing some of my friends saying they aren't going to bother to vote in the next election because we have no chance of winning.

Time to kick the defeatist attitudes out of 'em. I finally got it through to a couple of mine, you can do it too. Wink

Preach it! I’m certain we’re fucked as a state but I jump all over my friends if I hear this kind of bullshit.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://richmond.com/news/stat...f1-a553c58ef7fa.html

Del. Mark Levine, D-Alexandria, who sought the Democratic nomination for lieutenant governor on Tuesday, lost his seat in the House of Delegates.

Levine fell to Alexandria Vice Mayor Elizabeth Bennett-Parker for the Democratic nomination in House District 45, which is mostly in Alexandria but includes parts of Arlington and Fairfax counties.

Stopping gun violence and domestic violence are the top issues for Levine, a member of the House of Delegates since 2016.

Bennett-Parker, co-director of a nonprofit, has served on the Alexandria City Council for three years.

The district votes overwhelmingly for Democrats. The Democratic nominee will face Republican JD Maddox in the fall.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

That is the best news I have heard lately. What do we know about his replacement?

She sounds like another Alexandria Dem. Party Machine person to me. I've not heard much of her, but to make it in Alexandria you've got to fit in.