SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bizarre random thought

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Bizarre random thought Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
Admittedly, I've only known two PIs, both who do higher-end corp work, and one insurance investigator...

I know it fiction, but the "scummy, hated by the police PI" seems to be a recurring theme.

Have any LEOs on here actually had negative interactions with PIs? At least, the ones I knew were far to expensive to regularly bump into cops (aside from the insurance investigator, who worked with police quite regularly.)

Posts: 5746 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Might want to clarify the title...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Only one. He had his PI Licence revoked and then became a Scummy Bail Bondsmen. He got that licence revoked too within a few years.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I hired a PI back in 1987 during a divorce and to secure my daughter's future.

The guy was prior military, (OSI) and did a phenomenal job.

I ran into him nearly 30 years later and "brought him up to speed", on what how things turned out, (wanted him to know that it mattered to me, and my daughter) thanked him for his professionalism and his efforts.

There may be some "scummy" PIs out there, but I am ever grateful for the guy I hired.

So, yeah, I am that guy that roots for the home team, the underdog and as cynical as I am, I believe the righteous win in the end.

Maybe not what the OP was looking for, but, I am ever the optimistic pessimist.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43916 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
During my brief career as a PI, I got along fine with cops.
As Bogey once said:
"There is not a lot of money in it if you are honest".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
over the years, I would run into PIs here and there mostly by checking suspicious vehicles or getting called to the same. I'd skeedaddle as soon as I found out they were working to not blow their cover.

I never had a problem with PIs, bail bondsmen/bounty hunters, auto repossessors, etc. They all had their work cutout for them.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1180 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
A bizarre random thought is something like this...

If an elephant and a ostrich has sex on the moon would the offspring be born or hatched?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31472 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post