SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Laminate Floors what do you use for cleanning / shine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laminate Floors what do you use for cleanning / shine Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted
The current product we are using on our laminate flooring is not doing a very good job. After cleaning their is a haze that can be seen when the sunlight hits the floor also footprints can be seen after walking well after it has dried.

I have been looking online for something else and found a product call Lamanator Plus (www.lamanatorplus.com) . It is a three step process and might be the ticket.
Anyone here using this product, if not could you share with me what you are using that you are happy with. Thanks

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had very good luck with the Bona products that are sold at Lowe's and Home Depot. They have different levels of cleaners.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Concur with jimmmy - Bona has worked very well to remove & protect

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1. Bona is good

Posts: 168 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Check with the manufacturer. Ours (Quick-Step) recommends nothing to polish the laminate. Our re-hab guys used Bona and we had to clean it off with vinegar or something because of the haze it left.

Posts: 18007 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been using a steam mop with distilled water. No chemicals at all.

Posts: 5404 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Bona.

Or, 3 parts distilled water, 1 part white vinegar, and a drop or two of Dawn dish soap in a 32 oz squirt bottle.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Check with the manufacturer. Ours (Quick-Step) recommends nothing to polish the laminate. Our re-hab guys used Bona and we had to clean it off with vinegar or something because of the haze it left.

This. Bona is generally good stuff, but it can do damage.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hoover Floormate Deluxe

I tried just about everything on my Pergo flooring and every one of them left streaks or just didn't work worth a damn. This thing works like a charm.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Update

Being the floor was done before we purchased the home, I didn't know who the manufacturer was but remember we had an extra box of flooring in the garage storage area. Got info from website Unilin Quick-Step and they have a cleaner (sold @ Walmart) that would take care of my problem.

Thanks for the responses, FYI were not using Bona but we were using a similar product for laminate.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My version of Bona cleaner

• 1 and 1/4 cups hot water
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• 1 and 3/4 tsp borax
• 1 pump dish soap
• 5 drops essential oils (optional) - clove, peppermint, for aroma

quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Bona.

Or, 3 parts distilled water, 1 part white vinegar, and a drop or two of Dawn dish soap in a 32 oz squirt bottle.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

We installed our laminate floor in the family room, probably 20 years ago. Manufacturer instructions said to use NO finish. Damp mop with clear water and wipe dry. Still working well, no scars, scrapes, etc.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:

We have Shaw laminate flooring. I mistakenly used Quick Shine on it a couple of times when my wife was not able to clean.

BIG MISTAKE. It gave the flooring a sheen , totally unlike the satin finish of the natural flooring, and showed buildup, even from just using it twice.

I had to buy and use Quick Shine's Deep Cleaner to strip that polish off. A helluva lot of work.
I repeat, a helluvalot of work.

Now its vacumn, and warm mild soapy water, and rinse.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
We have been using a steam mop with distilled water. No chemicals at all.

I bought this one a couple months ago.

SharkNinja Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System (S5003D)

I love it..
Works great on the laminate on low, works great on the ceramic tile on high.
I even use it to spot clean muddy dog paw prints in the carpet...

Leaves the laminate shiny enough for us..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post