SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is going on with Amazon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is going on with Amazon? Login/Join 
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted
I have a couple of questions about Amazon that maybe somebody here can answer. I've been a long time Prime member and have mostly been satisfied with their two day shipping. I noticed that when I try to but something now shipping is now five or six days. Also, Amazon has a warehouse located close to me, and once they got their own fleet of vehicles all my packages were delivered by them instead of UPS. The last few things I've ordered have come via UPS. Just curios as to what might be going on? The two day shipping was one of the biggest draws of using Amazon.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Are your recent packages from 3rd party sellers? I just ordered today a package sold by and shipped from amzon and it's 2 days.

Posts: 7381 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not saying this happens every time, but I ordered a couple of things the other day including an O Light. The light came in the same day I ordered it.

The best I can tell, it seems to depend on whether or not the item you ordered is stocked at a local distribution center or not.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Prime Shipping has not been 2-day shipping in quite a while. amazon has warehouses all around the country, and sometimes an item you order is not at a local warehouse.

Every item listing clearly states when you can expect it, as well as during checkout. Often you will have an option to have it delivered sooner, but at a small additional cost.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that as well. Generally, I need to add one day to the estimate provided at time of purchase. Sometimes it's a day or two beyond that.

Posts: 2371 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yep, start taking note of who the seller is. Some of the stuff comes from Amazon warehouses & some of it comes from other places, like a guy working out of his garage or the back door shop of another unrelated business in New Jersey.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Just got a bill for $139 to renew Prime. Don't think it was that high a year ago.

Posts: 2794 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
I know Amazon has a lot of different sellers, but I always try to buy From Amazon itself, if I can, so that isn't the problem. I definitely don't understand why things are back to being shipped by UPS, not Amazon.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Depends on location and who the actual seller is. For me, most things that are fulfilled by Amazon, come to my door within 1-2 days.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Depends on location and who the actual seller is. For me, most things that are fulfilled by Amazon, come to my door within 1-2 days.

Agreed. Products NOT sold and warehoused by Amazon can take a few days. Like "vandrv" I try to buy from Amazon itself and have had no problems with deliveries OR returning an item that was not up to snuff.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 813 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been a Prime Member for years, I have NEVER gotten ANYTHING that I have ordered any faster than a week, never from one of their vans only UPS or USPS. Heck there are all kinds of things that they won't even deliver to my residence.

Now mind you, my friend lives 8 miles from me, and she has ordered and gotten things the same day, but mostly 1 or 2 days, and by their vans.

I have made many complaints, but Amazon hasn't done anything yet about it.

I mostly keep it because of the music and videos. I use them on the bus, so whatever.

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Depends on where it's coming from. Normally if it's in a warehouse nearby, I usually get it same day. If not, it's a day or two. Just need to check to see who is the seller.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8033 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We actually just received an order the same day it was placed. Most things take 3-4 days.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Long Prime Time caste, mostly things show up faster. Last 6 months or so, decidedly a few days slower.

Now & then (live RURAL) surprised when an order comes the NEXT DAY!!!

Note sometimes the Amazon cost/rapid delivery is spendier than same produce from slower 3rd party.

A few times cost/delivery have been considerably out of wack.

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Mine jumped from 149.00 to 179.00. I'm going to make them earn it. I will order many single item 5.00 orders.

quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Just got a bill for $139 to renew Prime. Don't think it was that high a year ago.

Posts: 1981 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

True for me also.

And on February 22, the price of Amazon prime went to $139.00/year

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post