SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The next " panic " .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The next " panic " . Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I'm still good from 2008. Have enough 7.62x54R to last a lifetime (or a shoulder,whichever goes 1st).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've been stacking ammo, mostly.

I'm sure I'll be fine, short of some zombie outbreak.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I'm planning on moving in two months. I've got so much crap that if my wife sees it all in one place, she'll be pissed. I'll have to move it a little at a time.

That’s a key indicator that you are DOING IT RIGHT! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been buying for the last few months. Ammo mostly but also magazines and now stripped lowers. When I see the brands I like on sale, I’m buying. I’ve honestly got all I need for a couple years worth, but it’s quiet now.

Posts: 841 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Most of my stuff got lost in that "boating accident". Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
How many of you can say that you are in good shape if another panic were to hit ? I'm speaking of ammo , high capacity magazines , and even firearms . Do you have enough ammo to keep up your current level of shooting and even hunting for a year or so ? I guess what I'm asking is did we all learn from the previous lean times and adjust our stocks accordingly ? After Sandy Hook I got caught with next to nothing in the closet and I refused to pay the inflated prices . I just waited it out and restocked when I could . I made up my mind that I would always be in a position to profit from a panic , rather than suffer from one .

The answer to all your questions is a resounding Yes.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
I'm still good from 2008. Have enough 7.62x54R to last a lifetime (or a shoulder,whichever goes 1st).

This is one of which I DON'T have enough. What the hell happened to decent prices on this stuff?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12943 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ridiculous amounts of everything except 9mm. I have enough components to load perhaps 15k rounds of 9mm. Most of my stuff is left over from the Clinton scare of...a while back. I have kept 40 cal pistols because I have hundreds of pounds of 40. As far as mags go, I may sell some. At least 20 for each center fire pistol. Hope I can shoot it all up before I, uh, pre-decease my SO.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm good on 9, 40, 5.56, 22 LR, and hunting cartridges. I'm good on magazines too.

I could use more shotgun ammo for the shotgun sports.

I recently bought a 6.5 Grendel upper and a few hundred rounds and a few mags. Need to figure out if I like it, and then stack it deep when it's cheap.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I need to pick up some more 5.56 and 9mm, but I'm good on everything else. I've got plenty of .22LR, and the rest is all hunting stuff that I may shoot a box a year of.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3637 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Good time to buy, pace yourself by buying a bit every few weeks when free shipping & discounts are adertised for some of the better brands. Search engines for ammo are great

Posts: 1661 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Having recently moved everything out of my basement to get it water proofed, I can say that I have a good supply of ammo, and components. That stuff is extremely heavy! After I get my basement cleaned up, refinished, and all furnishings put back, I will once more continue to reload,and keep my components stocked up.

I have enough firearms/magazines to last me, in fact I need to sell of a few/thin the herd. Time will tell when this will happen, as it will pain me to part with a good many of them.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I'm planning on moving in two months. I've got so much crap that if my wife sees it all in one place, she'll be pissed. I'll have to move it a little at a time.
2 months is plenty of time to make a lot of holes in stuff. Big Grin

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
You guys are forgetting 2 things. Not only do you need ammo one needs cash on hand along with plenty of whisky for barter in case of a true panic (EMP). Not to mention plenty of beans and Campbell's soup.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
if everyone here sent me just one box of 9 mm ammo I would be doing pretty good. Smile I reload but haven't stock up much. I have all the guns I want for now with mags even considered selling the ones that collect dust.

I probably should stock all the 9mm components deep.

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m doing good but I could be better. Working on it around stashing cash for home repairs.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post