SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yet another attack on Virginia- not guns this time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another attack on Virginia- not guns this time Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
BHO tried this forced integration on the federal level (block grant funding) of higher dollar communities, including the one I used to live in back in TX. I thought all that went away when his regime was ousted.

https://www.citylab.com/equity...-segregation/549746/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Reminds me of the gubbermint quarters we lived in while I was in the service.

No, sir. You should've been that lucky.

Whenever a base closes and the local Affordable Housing types start planning to convert all of that family housing to peaceful, civilian use, they UNIVERSALLY cry out that the newly-transferred housing stock doesn't meet HUD "housing quality standards" for the Recipient Class, and needs immediate modernization and upgrading.

Never mind that the buildings housed military families for 50-60 years and was perfectly OK for them.

Posts: 2521 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
BHO tried this forced integration on the federal level (block grant funding) of higher dollar communities, including the one I used to live in back in TX. I thought all that went away when his regime was ousted.

https://www.citylab.com/equity...-segregation/549746/

Thanks for that article link...and I was about to make the very same point you make, that this is nothing new and has been going on for several years now. I first became aware of it during the Obama administration, when HUD was forcing/ coercing local communities to accept and settle illegal aliens and other foreign minorities granted amnesty status, into their communities. Early on it was the Progressive Left's economic inequality hate-the-rich types and environmentalist Greenies signing on to policies such as this, but as the federal plans were derailed/ delayed with a Republican President, they have transitioned this push to the state and even the county/ city level.
Now, even county/ city leaders that identify as Republicans have started to support similar policies as they struggle to deal with both affordable housing and the increasing homeless population issues. In fact, I'm starting to think that, at least in some cases, the Tiny Home movement is spurred, in part, by this.

Virginians seem to think that the proposed gun control measures, these HUD zoning restriction pushes, and a multitude of other Leftist policies are new...but in reality Virginia is just the latest domino to fall into the Left's cross hairs.

Take heed and be proactive in your responses.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Ibraheem Samirah represents the 86th District. It’s a rich upscale area that those that feed at the government trough move to.
The big question comes down to transportation. There’s not a lot of local manufacturing going on. It’s mostly service jobs to support the yuppies. Anyone that’s lived around DC will agree that the traffic sucks.
Anyone know where Ibraheem Samirah lives. I recall a New Jersey case where a judge ordered something like this. When he was tracked down he was living in a rich, fenced and guarded development

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post