SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yet another attack on Virginia- not guns this time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another attack on Virginia- not guns this time Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
https://dailycaller.com/2019/1...-zoning-environment/

Turns out that single family zoning is racist and bad for the environment. It excludes the poor and minorities. How multifamily public housing projects improves the environment is not explained.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1500 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I wondered how long it would take before the left would take up this cause.

Call me crazy but when will they attempt to restrict the amount of square footage that a homeowner can have in relation to the amount of persons residing in a dwelling?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8378 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
https://dailycaller.com/2019/1...-zoning-environment/

Turns out that single family zoning is racist and bad for the environment. It excludes the poor and minorities. How multifamily public housing projects improves the environment is not explained.

This crap has been going on around Manassas for some time now. Huge complexes of multi-family buildings sprouting out of the ground faster than mushrooms.

Heading north on Rt. 234 towards Manassas, look off to the right and you will see probably a dozen (and the number keeps growing at astonishing rate) of those multi-family buildings. Reminds me of the gubbermint quarters we lived in while I was in the service.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

Call me crazy but when will they attempt to restrict the amount of square footage that a homeowner can have in relation to the amount of persons residing in a dwelling?

Given the size of our lot, I may end up with a lot of new neighbors.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Outlawing poor people from rich neighborhoods ? Confused

Posts: 23192 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Is anyone really shocked that the dem party which is basically the communist party version 2.0 wants to build towering eastern bloc residential monstrosities?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
They gotta be able to house all the refugees that Gov KKK is begging for. Mad

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The GDCs are on a roll. They believe their time has come and they can get away with anything.

It’s ironic, of course, because so many people on the right are utterly opposed to their policies. When the topic is discussed at all, “divisiveness” is blamed on Trump and his supporters, but their willingness to push through unprecedented measures with no thought to how unpopular they will be (or simply don’t care what a large portion of the population thinks), is precisely the actual cause.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Amen, Sigfreund.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I wonder how they think they can attack private neighborhoods? Time to move to one with HOA restrictions so you can tell the Virginia.gov to go to hell. I’ll bet people never suspected they weren’t all bad...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15789 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
My area is covered, literally, with large condo developments. They are interspersed with single family homes. I suspect the next bill will heavily subsidize purchases because those condos ain't cheap.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 739 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

you're not crazy. limits on how much space one can have, how much energy one can use, how much wealth one can have, how much air one can breath, etc. yes I can see it coming. of course such rules will only apply to the little people, for their own good, naturally.

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4652 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Some of the Democratic politicians in my area, including quite a few of color, live in neighborhoods with large expansive lots with big homes. Are they going to lead by example?

Posts: 1230 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
The first Civil War started in South Carolina. The next one may start in Northern Virginia. This stuff is getting out of hand.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
There is an upscale community in Northern Virginia called Great Falls. They have managed to keep the "riff-raff" out by not allowing city water into the area. Homes in Great Falls get their water from wells. Zoning ordinances require a supply of water for multi-family homes.

Guess who lives in Great Falls? Mostly GDCs.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SF lawyers...

When these zoning law are challenged in court, including SCOTUS, can they pass Constitutional muster?

Opinions please.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2149 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post

Explain to me again how Urban areas are better for the environment.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25667 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Doing the same thing in Portland OR.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Good ole Ibraheem S. Samira. His daddy is a terrorist. Northern Virginia liberals will vote for anything with a D after its name.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post