SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Chevy Suburban update.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Chevy Suburban update. Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
According to his previous post, yes it's a Duramax Diesel.

Dave on a side note, a buddy of mine bought a new Yukon Diesel for his wife about 3 months ago and they absolutely love it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
I did purchase the Duramax. When I placed the order it diesel was 3.89 a gallon, today it was 4.99. This the direct quote from my sales rep: "We are down to about 12 new cars on the lot. There building more cars at a faster pace but after the cars are built they sit there waiting for chips after they are built. Some cars gets chips 2 weeks after they are built some take as long as a month and a half after they are built."

I surf 2-3 times a week and see the cargo ships increasing every week. We went fishing a few weeks ago, and the amount of ships outside of our line sight from the surf is astonishing. I heard the ships are getting diverted to Florida now.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6008 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
We have a big Toyota dealership in town - I rode by the other day and counted 6 new cars on the lot - all right outside the showroom. They normally have a few hundred.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i am betting quite a bit has to do with the rental companies building back their fleets as much as anything.

My buddy is a regional manger for Enterprise. I asked him about this a month ago, if rental car companies replacing their fleets was helping sustain the new car shortage. He laughed! He said that rental car companies are last in line for cars from manufacturers. He said they do not buy top of the line trims, always entry level or mid-level trim, which means less profit for the manufacturer. And they buy in bulk, which means a discount, which means less profit for the manufacturer.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Our CEO at work just got a new AT4 Sierra 1500 Duramax.

He's been really happy with it so far, especially the 600 miles/tank.

I think diesel is right around $2/gal around here +/- $0.50

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Add at least a dollar to that for today's price there.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i am betting quite a bit has to do with the rental companies building back their fleets as much as anything.

My buddy is a regional manger for Enterprise. I asked him about this a month ago, if rental car companies replacing their fleets was helping sustain the new car shortage. He laughed! He said that rental car companies are last in line for cars from manufacturers. He said they do not buy top of the line trims, always entry level or mid-level trim, which means less profit for the manufacturer. And they buy in bulk, which means a discount, which means less profit for the manufacturer.

The cars I have rented are not plane janes. I have never rented and entry level trim vehicle. Did not know there were such items. Roll Eyes

When all the rental companies sold off their fleets 18 months or so ago. How did they get cars to rent that they have now? From thin air? It is not a mystery, sorry.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
quote:

Add at least a dollar to that for today's price there.

2x's for us folks in California

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6008 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Dave, did you order a Duramax? If so, they have been on constraint for the last couple of months, they are back to being available today

You can order a Suburban with a Duramax?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Dave, did you order a Duramax? If so, they have been on constraint for the last couple of months, they are back to being available today

I think it’s the new(er) 3.0 liter V6 they are putting in their 1/2 ton trucks (1500).

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
My understanding is that there are a lot of cars in manufacturers lots, all done except missing some key parts.
If this is correct, things will get strange when these 2021 models are still there when 2022’s are supposed to be coming out.
Bend your mind around this one. 'What if' when the chips finally show up to allow completion of all these thousands upon thousands of vehicles, the economy has moved into severe recession with high unemployment and the demand for them has plummeted? What do manufacturers do to recover the 10's or 100's of millions of dollars in capital they have sunk in all this inventory? Then there's the 2022 model year issue you noted. We have potential major economic disasters looming everywhere.

If that happens, I am in on a Ram 2500 diesel

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
My understanding is that there are a lot of cars in manufacturers lots, all done except missing some key parts.
If this is correct, things will get strange when these 2021 models are still there when 2022’s are supposed to be coming out.
Bend your mind around this one. 'What if' when the chips finally show up to allow completion of all these thousands upon thousands of vehicles, the economy has moved into severe recession with high unemployment and the demand for them has plummeted? What do manufacturers do to recover the 10's or 100's of millions of dollars in capital they have sunk in all this inventory? Then there's the 2022 model year issue you noted. We have potential major economic disasters looming everywhere.

If that happens, I am in on a Ram 2500 diesel

Yup

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
72 days from the time I ordered my Toyota Highlander Hybrid to delivery this summer. I was impressed.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a baby Duramax. 3.0 Liter Inline Six cylinder. It's by far the best of the baby diesel's out there.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post