SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Browsers -- Which are you using?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browsers -- Which are you using? Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I have three set up.

Chrome (the main) is set up oriented toward privacy and security (cookies disabled, except for whitelisted sites and most add-ons and program features disabled) and (due to my poor ISP bandwidth) all video features disabled.

When/if I find a website that these features break, I then fire up Internet Explorer or Firefox, which I run stock. Usually one of those will run the miscreant website. Afterward, I run CCleaner to remove the tracking junk.

Posts: 15144 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Been pretty happy with Brave.

Yup.

ETA: I am a bit of a browser junkie: I have on my Macs
  • Safari
  • Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Waterfox
  • Safari Technology Preview
  • Vivaldi
  • Opera
  • Brave
  • Tor

In order to keep them corralled, I use a little program (free) called Browser Chooser X, that lets me control which browser is used for what purpose.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Firefox

Posts: 4445 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WyoRobert
posted Hide Post
Brave. It seems pretty good about privacy and ads, etc.
Chrome on my work computer because I don't want to hear crap from IT for having non-approved software.

Robert
------------------------------------------------

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. -- Marianne Williamson

Posts: 613 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised I forgot Safari. I use Apple devices at home and mobile. I honestly forgot. I don't think of them because I need one that works cross platform to PC, so that I'm synced and unified at work and at home.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chrome and Edge... I don't mind Edge and don't have problems with it but I don't always use it. I'm a creature of habit and usually just click on the Chrome icon.

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firefox, Safari and Brave in that order. I run Ghostery on Firefox to purge tracking and other spy shit.

I have Opera on an older Mac, so I may try that browser for a while.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Safari

Posts: 1896 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Opera works well for me.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Another satisfied Opera user here.

I'm surprised. Eek
Last time we had one of these threads, only a couple of members claimed Opera as their primary browser. Here in two pages so far, there are at least six us.

Posts: 3262 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Sarari

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6167 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post