SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can Congress get any stupider?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Congress get any stupider? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It's a rhetorical question of course, but, really?? Roll Eyes

Congress to hold first public hearing on UFOs in 50 years, probe possible national security threat

The country is falling apart and Congress is wasting their time on fantasies?? This is incredibly stupid. There is no threat from "UFOs". My God!!

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Keep their attention on the shiny object while they fleece their pockets.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I would like to think the UFOs will probe the national security threat called Congress.

Yea it'll be a cash cow. We need to raise your taxes to fight the aliens.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3864 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure, why not.
It's not THEIR $ that's being pissed away.

They've been trying hard enough to make sure that they are the only ones able to stick it in our asses. Now these Aliens come along and try and "probe" us? Yup, that's a threat!

They're part right, Aliens are a huge National Threat! But it's not the ones from space that need to be watched. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Can Congress get any stupider?

They'll take that as a challenge.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's a rhetorical question of course, but, really?? Roll Eyes

Congress to hold first public hearing on UFOs in 50 years, probe possible national security threat

The country is falling apart and Congress is wasting their time on fantasies?? This is incredibly stupid. There is no threat from "UFOs". My God!!

Just watch. Some Democrat Congressperson will come up with some proposal to trick Mister Mxyzptlk to say his name backwards, return to the fifth dimension, and the world will be saved.

My bet's on Sheila Jackson Lee.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Average price of gas is well over $4/gallon, inflation is crushing most Americans and this is the shit they’re concerned with? Roll Eyes

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Unreal. I have absolutely no patience for this UFO nonsense in even the best of times, and we are light-years away from that right now as a country.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Subpoena an anal probe expert!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
They're not being stupid.

First thing I thought of when I heard about the hearings is, "Sure, inflation, crime, Ukraine. Let's trot out the UFOs to take away the public's focus.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
They're not being stupid.

First thing I thought of when I heard about the hearings is, "Sure, inflation, crime, Ukraine. Let's trot out the UFOs to take away the public's focus.
I have to tell you- I am weary beyond weary of this.

This kind of thing- this "They're not being stupid. There's some kind of plan behind it" stuff started when Obama took office. Since then, I cannot recall a single time when the US government did something asinine, that this stuff didn't pop into a thread almost immediately. I am tired of it, and that is a monumental understatement. Really, there is no way for me to fully express how very tired I am of this inevitable response.

Believe it or not, as difficult as it is for some of you to accept, there really and truly and actually are people in government who are genuinely stupid and therefore do genuinely stupid things.

Let's make a deal- let's say that those of you who are inclined to go to "it's a distraction" as your default response to this kind of stuff, can still keep beating that dead horse, but you won't do it in any thread I create.

Deal?

HANLON'S RAZOR

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
OK Para I decided to open your link and find out what IDIOT would waste people’s time and money and low and behold it’s

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif

What an Effen moron!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Note to self: Apply for grant to see if Aliens are racist and transgendered. Big Grin

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Democrat majority in the House. Democrat majority in the Senate. Democrat President.

And they haven't managed to accomplish One. Damn. Useful. Thing.

Not a one.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And what pronouns are the aliens using? Any advanced civilization would take one look at our government and haul ass for home!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Average price of gas is well over $4/gallon, inflation is crushing most Americans and this is the shit they’re concerned with? Roll Eyes
No, they're also real excited about sending another $40B in American dollars to Ukraine and welcoming every illegal in the world across the southern border of the US. More things that do nothing but hurt the the American public.
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif
If there's ever been a contradiction of terms, that's it. The term 'Intelligence' should never show up anywhere near the name Schiff.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It could be the emissions from the UFO’s contributing to climate change, too much Hydrogen in the little green men, like greenhouse gasses.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post