SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery For Lung Cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery For Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery For Lung Cancer link

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg underwent surgery Friday for early stage lung cancer, a Supreme Court spokesperson tells NPR. Doctors at Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital in New York performed a lobectomy, removing one the five lobes of the lung.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
#WINNING

Looking forward to another SCOTUS from Trump!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Tick tock, tick tock, the time is a'come'n.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't want to wish this woman ill. I just want here to retire.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
And a bio-pic about her just hit the movie theaters this weekend too.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t wish ill health or death on anyone that isn’t truly evil. I’m totally opposed to RBG’s ideology, but she isn’t evil. She and Scalia were buddies, and Scalia, who knew her well, wouldn’t be buds with an evil person.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8837 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I won't be sad if she is no longer on the Court, but I wish her no ill health.

It is a problem that the political reality will put pressure on her to remain on the Court even if she cannot actually do her job.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Wishing for her to retire is the same as wishing for her death. You simply can't have one without the other with this woman.

Having said that, I'm wishing for her retirement.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLAddSH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/AUO_5EALZoM [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, you just get lucky.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Start getting ready, Amy Coney Barrett!

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
“Scans performed before surgery indicated no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body.”

Seems odd.
Maybe they should try a brain scan.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery For Lung Cancer link

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg underwent surgery Friday for early stage lung cancer, a Supreme Court spokesperson tells NPR. Doctors at Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital in New York performed a lobectomy, removing one the five lobes of the lung.

I thought I read lobotomy. Damn! Razz

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Oops, the knife slipped.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
There is no way reasonably possible, that one can attain the position on the SCOTUS and not be aware that one's state pf mind and physical health is up to the demands of that position.

Either she is mentally unfit to make such an important decision, and therefore the same goes for her ability to weigh and make opinion on the needs of the laws and constitution, judge the actions of the Congress or President, or she is fully cognizant of her maintain her seat in light of her diminished health and stamina, which can also directly have a variable effect on her mental faculties.

That may not be "evil", but it is most selfish and damaging to the third leg of this nation's standing.

I do not want a Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg-McCain. Too many hyphens.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43799 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Wishing for her to retire is the same as wishing for her death. You simply can't have one without the other with this woman.

Yeah, she refused Obama's request to retire so she can have her magic moment with Hillary. No way will she retire even "recovering" from lung cancer.

She is gone in 2019. Trump will get his 3rd justice in his first term, an incredible feat for our future lives here in the U.S.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I won't be sad if she is no longer on the Court, but I wish her no ill health.
It is a problem that the political reality will put pressure on her to remain on the Court even if she cannot actually do her job.

Yeah... It is a problem.
She should do the right thing and step down.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23926 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
She is gone in 2019. Trump will get his 3rd justice in his first term, an incredible feat for our future lives here in the U.S.

When I think how close we came to having the Dame of Benghazi in a position to do the above -shudder - Eek Eek Eek , I would support setting the anniversary of the 2016 election as a national holiday.

Posts: 14996 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I thought I read lobotomy. Damn! Razz

Me too!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post