SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Supreme Court to take up bump stock ban this session !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Supreme Court to take up bump stock ban this session ! Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
The Supreme Court is going to take up the bump stock ban this session! Mark Smith talks in detail about it below and believes it could also mean the end of the "new" pistol brace ruling by the ATF. Going to be an interesting 2024 in regards to Second Amendment Rights and very hopeful for good news.

In other news today the Illinois AWB was upheld by a 3 judge panel 2-1 on the US 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. Todd Vadermyde is saying in his video today he believes that will be appealed directly to SCOTUS rather than en banc hearing at the 7th.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Really wish some of these SCOTUS decisions would include some teeth to personally bankrupt and prosecute politicians who ignore them, either in spirit or letter. I can see ATF getting crushed in this, but states and cities ignoring it and trying to go after gun owners with their own laws and police.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Really wish some of these SCOTUS decisions would include some teeth to personally bankrupt and prosecute politicians who ignore them, either in spirit or letter. I can see ATF getting crushed in this, but states and cities ignoring it and trying to go after gun owners with their own laws and police.

I understand but not really the purpose of SCOTUS which is to interpret laws as Constitutional or not but not enforcement per se. The party that runs the blue states has a long history of abuse of power when it comes to it's citizens and their civil rights. Hopefully they will get tired of eventually paying many massive settlements for continuing to ignore the law. Hopefully soon SCOTUS will put more clarity on bans on "assault weapons" and magazine bans. Word is that Illinois AWB is going to be appealed to SCOTUS very soon. Also the 9th Circuit Court of appeals recently gave SCOTUS their temper tantrum middle finger with their corrupt ways about the recent GVR'd California magazine ban Miller v Bonta.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I would very much like it if they addressed the SBR and SBS provisions in the NFA and ruled them (among other parts) to be unconstitutional. That would put an end to much of the ATF's BS.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I understand but not really the purpose of SCOTUS which is to interpret laws as Constitutional or not but not enforcement per se. T

I agree. But I bet a lot of states have laws that make some officials personally liable for bad faith actions. And it'd be nice to see some of them cited in SCOTUS majority decisions, you know, to encourage some lawsuits against those pols and bureaucrats.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post