SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do dogs ever get the hiccups?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do dogs ever get the hiccups? Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
One of ours gets them. Not a big deal.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
my pugs get them from time to time...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Yes dogs get the hiccups...

But also yes dogs are absolutely smart enough to repeat behavior that they think will get them treats.

Dog hiccups look exactly like human hiccups, what you're describing doesn't sound like hiccups, but maybe you're just not describing it very well Razz

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Canaan Dog does, mostly when she sleeps, but still pretty rare. Very rarely when she's awake.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
every now and again, our 6 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a short bout. Maybe 30 seconds or so. He doesn't seem distressed so I've never worried about it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Our GSD gets the hiccups. Burps a bunch too.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know cats do, funnier than hell to watch!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I can get most dogs to hiccup/cough just by scratching the their neck under their chin.

Year V

Posts: 2628 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post