SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    As of today, I'm officially the father of a teenager
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As of today, I'm officially the father of a teenager Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Why am I worried? Happy birthday to my daughter. The teenage years frighten me...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11779 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and as the father of a teen (17) I can offer you the following....Brace yourself for turbulence but it is all worth to watching your little girl transition into a young woman...Also, stock up on ammo and have her chipped like a shelter dog Smile

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Maya! Smile

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1906 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Maya!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
The teenage years frighten me...

They should.

My boys are a piece of cake. My girl graduates high school in a few weeks and will be headed off to Boston for school. She's known everything since she was about 5 and doesn't have much need for me....except for my steady employment.

P229

Posts: 3842 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
My son turns 15 on Sat. My daughter turns 21 in a week. Congrats to you and your daughter. Celebrate the milestone...and dig in. Everything leading up to now has just been a warm up. Razz

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Maya!

You sir have a greater likelihood of smooth sailing through the next 7 years than half or more of us I would wager. Well, smoother anyway, it's not without some chop here and there for anybody!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12437 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Maya!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
The teenage years frighten me...

They should.

My boys are a piece of cake. My girl graduates high school in a few weeks and will be headed off to Boston for school. She's known everything since she was about 5 and doesn't have much need for me....except for my steady employment.

Good news: when she hits about 20-21, you'll suddenly start getting smarter, and by the time she's mid 20's, you'll be of average intellect.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Maya and dad from what I have observed these years you and the misses have built a great foundation with that young lady.
I will say enjoy the ride she will not disappoint.

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Maya,

Dad, you should be worried, having been through it with 2 daughters, you will need luck and patience.

I once scared away my oldest daughters first boyfriend, she is not 30 and I did not meet her husband until the day before she got married. She is now divorced from him, but what you do today can have some long lasting consequences. Roll Eyes

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6489 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Be prepared to start getting dumber until your daughter gets past 22 then your daughter will be surprised at how much smarter you've gained over the years.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19693 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
And so it begins.....

seriously, congrats to both of y'all. Its quite the ride. Smile

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I'm just looking forward to the stories to come.

Old man on campus is going to seem lame in comparison.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Maya!

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Maya!!

As to teenage years, I have lived through two of the feminine version. First was a sheer test of us, just to get through it. Transversely, the second has been a sheer joy and is doing well in college. Go figure!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teens can be fun Or/and a headache.
congrats and enjoy it, make sure you stay a part of her life.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my deepest and most heartfelt condolences....

Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rode the storm with mine, who are now 25 and 28, well adjusted with good jobs. It ain’t easy, especially with girls...drama just seems to find them. My advice is take each day on its own, and don’t sweat the “small stuff”. They’re in the process of leaving the nest, and while they’ll never admit it, they do need guidelines as they mature and test boundaries . Best of luck!

Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Don't worry mate, you've got a straight arrow there.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post