SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago museum fires all of it's mostly White female docents.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago museum fires all of it's mostly White female docents. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Want to bet the next volunteers won't have the same require training?

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I predict they won't even GET any new volunteers...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Want to bet the next volunteers won't have the same require training?

Previous job requirements: Intelligence, passion, education, excellent communication skills, and plenty of free time.

New job requirements:

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I wouldn’t fret to much about this. The fired docents are more than likely liberal Democrats who are just fine with it if it means increasing diversity and hiring more minorities

Don’t be so sure. Liberals hate it when their ideology affects them personally.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way to stop the stupidity is to let them eat themselves. Last I checked women counted as a minority under Title XII and Title IX, but apparently they aren't minority ENOUGH, so someone more minority has to replace them.

Give it a little more time and the left will have an internal civil war as they compete for top position on the woke ladder.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Something tells me shit gonna be missing when the new hires arrive.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhhh...just for a little comic levity, I think we need this:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I love it! Fuck them all!
Libs feeding on Libs who could ask for more?
Lets keep this snow ball rolling down the mountain side. All these people ( Teachers,Airline employees,union members) have been in the Democratic pocket for years, let them live the lifestyle they have voted for.
I'm sure the "new" minority workers at the Art Institute will not be volunteers for long. I predict $50 per hour jobs funded by tax payers, every benefit you could only wish for will also be there's including the right to not go to work and get paid. The Art Institute can then bring back the unpaid white women to continue the tours.
Most minorities in Chicago couldn't find the Art Institute.
Maybe next they can help ID all the racist and un-woke pieces of art and have them destroyed.
"art/graffiti" could be painted on all the outside walls to make a true "PEOPLES" Art Institute.

Like PacMan just keep eating, eating, eating.

Sounds like a plan.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering the vast majority of Art at the Institute was created by white people in Europe, and later by white people in the US, pretty soon they entire collection will be labeled "white supremacist".

I'm sure they have a "native art" display now though.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has been an Emergency Management volunteer (Medical Reserve, Citizens Corps, etc.) for two local counties for more than ten years. I have been a volunteer (librarian) at a national level museum for three years, since I retired. We HAD friends that ridiculed us for not getting paid for the hours we worked. Note HAD; no more fair weather friends. With the advent of covid, we noted who our true friends are. I am sure many of you have had similar experiences.

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure they have a "native art" display now though

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the past they have had a primitive Haitian Art exhibit.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
They want docents from "all income levels" to perform a job for which they won't be paid. I'm sure there will be tons of people from the minimum wage crowd lining up for this opportunity.

Yeah.. Ain't nobody got time for that!

That's how ridiculous this thing is. They're firing old white women who volunteer for free.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Last I checked women counted as a minority under Title XII and Title IX, but apparently they aren't minority ENOUGH, so someone more minority has to replace them.
The stupidity of labeling a group that makes up 49.58% of the world population as a "minority" never ceases to amaze me... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
The museum is now paying the "new hires" 25.00 per hour do do what the white older women were doing for free. Now you can place a bet that most likely the "new hires" have no where near the cultural education it takes to truly understand art and all of it's interpretations! Four years of high school art taught me things I still remember today and it takes way more studying to truly understand the meanings of the paintings and objects than these "new hires" can comprehend.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh.

They fired volunteers that have had endless hours of training (free). Who worked for free.

Then hired people for $25.00 who do not know the difference between a Picasso and a paint by numbers.

Makes perfect sense.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
There will be no more museum in five years. The wokenistas and their useful idiots will have to tear it down. Just like every other artifact, institution and value that was good.

Idiocracy

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be there.

They will have Hunter Biden displays.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Let’s see with this level of stupid, the Leftists will want to make all the battleship museums coral reefs, let’s sink the Iowa, New Jersey, Missouri and Wisconsin, as well as the Massachusetts, Alabama and Intrepid. White man wars and non diverse.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Racism in the name of anti-racism.

"The difference between liberals and cannibals is that cannibals eat only their enemies."
- Lyndon Baines Johnson

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
It will be there.

They will have Hunter Biden displays.

The museum is not the building.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post