SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heard a funny new saying today that I am stealing *USMC related
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heard a funny new saying today that I am stealing *USMC related Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
SSgt was talking to a civilian and the civilian said, "you guys have weaponized ignorance".

Holy shit I died...I'm stealing that.

Sorry if yall have hear that before but I had not.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6334 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Very good, but I can think of many people and organizations that I would apply it to before the Marines.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Big Grin

Very good, but I can think of many people and organizations that I would apply it to before the Marines.

Of course, was simply the situation I witnessed today.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6334 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Well, I wasn’t being too serious either. Smile
It’s a great expression that I will remember as well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
you guys have weaponized ignorance".
Big Grin

On a couple of occasions I've been known to say;

"You wear your ignorance as if it was a shiny new suit".

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
The Naval Aviation version is "You can always tell a Marine, but you just can't tell him much."

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2543 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which leads me to another, non-related funny line:

How do you tell a vegan in a crowd?

You don't have to, he tells you!

Also works for Crossfit

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Which leads me to another, non-related funny line:

How do you tell a vegan in a crowd?

You don't have to, he tells you!

Also works for Crossfit

A Vegan, a Crossfiter, and a Navy fighter pilot sit down at a table together. Who dominates the conversation?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
^^^^

I don't know but I hope its the fighter pilot because they are invariably funnier than hell.

Posts: 6403 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post