SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I suppose this is real
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I suppose this is real Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
If it's not real then it's the best staged one I have ever seen. Eek

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Here is an article associated with this incident. The man hit by the cylinder did not survive.

https://daryo.uz/en/2023/02/25...mployee-in-samarkand

quote:

Explosion of gas cylinder claims life of fuel station employee in Samarkand

On February 25 at 11:30 a.m., a gas cylinder exploded in a Nexia-3 vehicle while being refueled by an employee at a CNG filling station on Mirzo Bedil Street in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.

Sadly, a 43-year-old gas station worker passed away at the scene.

No fire was reported. The causes of the incident are being investigated.

The Emergency Department of the Samarkand region has requested that all drivers strictly adhere to the technical requirements for using gas cylinders in their vehicles.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That looked real to me. Holy crap.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5050 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
He ran into it. Like when you try to avoid someone in a hallway and accidentally walk right into their path. Dang!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21123 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is why I don't drive a Chevrolet.

Posts: 12732 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
A good reminder to get low or hit the ground if you hear an explosion or gunfire. It is not a guarantee of safety but increases your odds imho.
That was a terrible thing.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19231 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The Chevy Nexia Allah Ahkbar model.

Seems like these things would already be dangerous enough during a collision; but blowing up while fueling or just driving around? No bombs in the trunk for me, thanks.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15617 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Here’s an earlier “buy back” recall of GM trucks with CNG systems: General Motors Corp.

NHTSA Identification Number

Date of Company Notification

Make

Model

Year

Number of Vehicles

94V-044001

04/05/94

GMC Chevrolet

Sierra C10, C20, C15, C25

1992-93

Brief Description of Defect
Mfg. Campaign No. 93C32 – CNG Cylinder. DOM: 10/91-6/93. Two-wheel drive pickup trucks altered by PAS, Inc., to run on compressed natural gas have CNG fuel cylinders that can develop stress corrosion cracking of the E-glass wrapping. This stress corrosion cracking can lead to tank ruptures. If cylinder ruptures, people in or near the vehicle may get hurt. Correct by exchanging these vehicles with comparably equipped, 1994 gasoline half- or three-quarter-ton General Motors pickup. General Motors will buy back the vehicle from owners who don’t want to exchange their natural gas vehicles. Warning: All trucks should be removed from service and the engine run until the fuel gauge reads below one-quarter.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8136 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is scary and sad. When it's your time, it's your time.

Posts: 6899 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
That is why I don't drive a Chevrolet.

For the win.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post