SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy International Marconi Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy International Marconi Day Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
[URL=https://www.pbs.org/tesla/ll/ll_whoradio.html#:~:text=But%20Tesla's%20calm%20confidence%20was,for%20the%20invention%20of%20radio.]It should probably be Tesla Day, but Guglielmo got the credit.[/URL]

[URL=https://nationaltoday.com/international-marconi-day/#:~:text=An%20inventor's%20holiday%2C%20International%20Marconi,Marconi%2C%20inventor%20of%20the%20radio.]https://nationaltoday.com/international-marconi-day/#:~:text=An%20inventor's%20holiday%2C%20International%20Marconi,Marconi%2C%20inventor%20of%20the%20radio.[/URL]

"An inventor’s holiday, International Marconi Day, is observed annually on the Saturday closest to April 25, which is the birth date of Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi, inventor of the radio. This year, it takes place on April 22. The wireless transmission or the radio came to be through the innovative work of Guglielmo Marconi, an Italian inventor and electrical engineer. He is credited with the invention of the radiotelegraph system, Marconi’s Law, and sending the first wireless transmission over the open sea."

ETA: Well that's strange...the links didn't work. Even tried twice.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for some pasta recipes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30727 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21122 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
He also has his name on antique tube radios. I have viewed many on line but have always liked the larger German made radios. Hard to believe his famous transmission was 1901. That is not so long ago and just look how advanced the world has become. OK, it shows his transmission being dated 1897.

Posts: 17920 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really miss a good bowl of Marc and cheese
Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54694 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Marconi (the company, not the guy) still makes transmission and switching equipment today.

They stuck with what they know and didn't try to to be something they weren't.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Marconi (the company, not the guy) still makes transmission and switching equipment today.

They stuck with what they know and didn't try to to be something they weren't.
Transmission and switching of what ?

Posts: 4069 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30727 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post