Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Member |
I had a Grandfather, Uncle and a Cousin all work for HL&P when it was the power company in Houston. I always wondered why their feet and backs hurt so much. Carrying loads up a pole like a mule for years on end was why. When it stormed in Houston, they weren't off. | |||
|
Member![]() |
On holidays, local churches provided us with dinners at our stations. I always felt guilty because I knew there were WAY more people away from home bringing home the bacon besides us LEOs. Retired Texas Lawman | |||
|
| Peace through superior firepower |
Fluffer | |||
|
| Member |
Power plant operators / schedulers / dispatchers / controllers / emergency crews. | |||
|
| Member |
Damn! Just when you think that job didn’t suck enough! Ramadan, there they are! Christmas, working their ass (which might be a possibility) off. Hanukkah, all 8 days. Remind me to cross that off my list of “retirement jobs”! ______________________________________________________________________ "When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!" “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
Never heard of “fluffer”, so I went and looked it up. I nearly died laughing so hard. Q | |||
|
אַרְיֵה![]() |
Hmmmm ... just wondering about your familiarity with this line of work. הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים | |||
|
| Donate Blood, Save a Life! ![]() |
My grandfather and father both did this and I grew up doing it. Watching that constant demand and the low compensation for it are two of the primary reasons why I decided to not follow in their footsteps. *** "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
Para was just a cameraman. Fact. Lol. Q | |||
|
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
POTUS ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| My other Sig is a Steyr. ![]() |
Linemen. Foster parents. | |||
|
Legalize the Constitution![]() |
Hospitality business. Hotels, resorts, guest ranches. _______________________________________________________ despite them | |||
|
| Peace through superior firepower |
Fluffer | |||
|
| I have not yet begun to procrastinate |
Along the same lines, Cattle Rancher. Met a rancher in Wyoming that never took a vacation. Once the kids moved out, he and his wife were on their own. -------- After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box. | |||
|
Drill Here, Drill Now![]() |
All of the energy and utility businesses - electricity, water, natural gas, oil production, refineries, electric generation, water treatment, sewage treatment, etc. Not every employee is working, but there will be operators and technicians 24x7x365. Then there are those of us with normal 40 hour work weeks but when the phone ring are now working 16 hour days, 7 days a week until emergency over. For example, a couple years ago my role in an emergency was more day 3 to figure out why it failed but I was covering for a day 1 guy on vacation. I found 40 missed calls and 40 texts while motorcycling on Memorial Day weekend when I pulled my phone from the saddle bags. I spent the next 10 days working 16 hour days doing his role and my normal role. I received my normal salary plus an Amazon gift card. Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer. | |||
|
| I have a very particular set of skills |
Anything with hospitality or logistics, including the terminals they utilize. A real life Sisyphus... "It's not the critic who counts..." TR Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong... Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs. It's never simple/easy. | |||
|
Resident Undertaker![]() |
When I was working, Funeral Director. John The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity. | |||
|
| Member |
Halloween, there they are, getting a treat for helping out with a trick. ______________________________________________________________________ "When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!" “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
My grandparents did this, Fluff at or before sun up, and at sundown, every day ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

