SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Grandkids are so entertaining, especially when they can't spell!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grandkids are so entertaining, especially when they can't spell! Login/Join 
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted
Study "site words" was the intent.

Posts: 3204 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
site words

?

Aside from the obvious one (and what appears to be "werds"), that is quite good spelling. Smile Many adults can't spell that well. And is this before submitting to the teacher for grading?

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bad for a junior in high schoolBig Grin Seriously I still have a thank you note from my granddaughter thanking me for the root beer flotz I made her. I laugh every I see it.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:

Also amusing when grand-pa can't spell.

I believe it should be "sight words".

Razz

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
You sure that was his intent? Maybe he really doesn’t like vocabulary....Smile

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK, what are those?

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:

Also amusing when grand-pa can't spell.

Razz

Dammit, I hate you! Lol!

Posts: 3204 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
This is an awesome story from a proud grandfather, you'll probably cry at the end.

Last week, I took my grandchildren to a restaurant.

My six-year-old grandson asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food and I would even thank you more if Grandpa gets us ice cream for dessert and liberty and justice for all. Amen!

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, that's what's wrong with this country.

Kids today don't even know how to pray, asking God for ice cream, why, I never!

Hearing this, my grand-son burst into tears and asked me, did I do it wrong, is God mad at me?

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.

He winked at my grand-son and said, I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer.

Really my grand-son asked?

Cross my heart, the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes.

Naturally, I bought my grand-children ice cream at the end of the meal.

My grand-son stared at his for a moment and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman.

With a big smile he told her, here, this is for you.

Shove it up your ass you grouchy old bitch!

Touches the heart doesn't it?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5688 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post