SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for lunch boxes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for lunch boxes? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The Igloo Sportsman works very well. Hold a lot, and is a good portable size

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these and I've been happy with it..

Igloo Playmate Pal 7 Quart Personal Sized Cooler

Customized it so everyone knows it is mine.. Big Grin

Posts: 4410 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I use an RTIC soft-side lunch box. Keeps my lunch COLD in a hot truck all day. Yes, it's pricey, but it's worth every bit.

Clicky linkage

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Paper bag from the hardware store, but what works even better is those paper freezer bags they give you at the grocery store when you buy ice cream. One bag lasts for weeks.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeing this for awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001...&colid=2NTE5VPPE1RC0

But this sounds more like what you want.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B...900081_t1_B01JX6SD0A

This message has been edited. Last edited by: brecaidra,

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I carry this one to Cowboy Action Shoots.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas guys, still looking!!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2523 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I use a clear plastic CD carry box I got at Walmart for $1.99. They give us a clear bag at work but everything scatters in it. I put the box in the bag. They want to see the contents.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
I believe the latest number is $830.00 in annual savings by packing your lunch. I carried mine for years in the Stanley metal dome top with thermos. In really hot weather didn't pack any sandwiches made with mayo or tuna. Today I believe an insulated model is called for.

Smart move IMHO to carry your lunch...Good luck in your decision.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Have you checked out https://www.lunchbox.com/ ?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys..... So far I think I like the Duluth and Maxpedition best, and the Max prolly has first place. I have been scouring Amazon as well

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2523 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Have you checked out https://www.lunchbox.com/ ?

I'd go with this one

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using this one since last fall and by far its the best I have used

eBags Crew Cooler II

There is an additional 20% off code right now

They have a junior version if smaller works for you

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

I use the paper version of this,

like the small(er) ones you get with take out, or when shopping at a specialty retailer,

last one lasted almost a year of 3-4 day a week use,,

I don't care if there is a logo on the bag or not, had one for a bit that said J Crew,
and a few from local restaurants,

enough for a sandwich or 2, sides (apple sauce, fruit jello, or chips, and a candy bar,,
with room to spare

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10575 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post