SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for lunch boxes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for lunch boxes? Login/Join 
Picture of pepsiblue
posted
Going to start packing my lunch, and can't find anything local that does it for me.
I do not want an Igloo plastic box.Ideally, I'd like something that's similar to what Maxpedition
use to make.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/maxp-pt1008-chowdown.html

I want room for a man size lunch, a couple bottles of water or a big Gatorade, and maybe a separate pouch for Meds, pen, keys, etc.
Any suggestions?

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2523 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I still use my GI Joe metal box kit I had in the 80s.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
http://m.duluthtrading.com/sea...11&processor=content

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
An $83 lunch bag? No thanks.

I bought this Coleman 24 hour soft-sided cooler bag from Walmart for $17. Holds 16 cans, and it's always the largest bag in the breakroom at lunch. On the weekends, it's talk enough to carry a 6 pack of bottles.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23655 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I REALLY like the Duluth, but its a little pricey for me. I may start looking at ebay for a nice used one

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2523 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
I got what ever was on sale at Costco. I have seen the same brand, California Innovations/Artic Cool at Ace Hardware and other stores. I actually slide the lunch cooler into a larger soft sided 12 can cooler since it lives in my car. Closed vehicle in the Georgia Summer equals hot as hell in short order.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Duluth lunchbox is 5 years old and going strong.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Maxpedition Jumbo versipack, or a UTG knockoff bag of the same syle. Have had to replace the zippers on both, that's why I have two of the same type, been using them for about eight/nine years now...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Big Grin [My Little Pony lunchbox]

Bring out your inner brony.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I us this for my lunch every day, it has a removable, hard plastic liner as well which is great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 2352 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use an AO cooler. Soft 24 can cooler. I get picked on because of its size, but I have a 64 oz hydro flask of water, a 22 oz hydro flask of something hot, plenty of room for lunch, pockets for IPad, snacks, etc. I prefer to buy lunch, but I risk getting stuck at work or working very late. I can live out of my lunch box for 24 hours or more.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock or Something
Picture of Marc in FL
posted Hide Post
I got a couple of these Ebags lunch boxes on sale a while back. They have held up well despite hard daily use. This size can hold a sandwich, soup container, snacks, and a drink. However, they have different sizes available too.

Ebags Lunch Cooler

Posts: 1133 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
http://takemypaycheck.com/home...e/tactical-lunchbox/ Big Grin

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "lunch" velcro patch is a nice touch. Kind of like the "sheriff" or "police" patches on body armor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23655 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than the separate compartment for meds, this might do. I got one on Woot for $18.

https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY...-Lunch/dp/B00PUEI134

Posts: 86 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Tim Carter, Ask the Builder, recommended this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-T...2cef45022ef4ed6421ef

Posts: 11892 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
I REALLY like the Duluth, but its a little pricey for me. I may start looking at ebay for a nice used one

Father's Day gift, perhaps?

Posts: 2691 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
One gallon zip lock.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post