SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Project Veritas' James O'Keefe Emerges Victorious in Second Amendment Fight With FBI
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Veritas' James O'Keefe Emerges Victorious in Second Amendment Fight With FBI Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Since I am a full time RVer with no physical home address I am unable to purchase a gun. I am retired LE, and legally own and carry a gun but I can’t purchase a gun. Their excuse is if they ever had to contact me about a gun they can’t find me. Really, so I can live in an apartment purchase a gun and then move to a different location the next week and that is alright. I have a cell phone with the same phone number for 15 yrs. They can’t track me down, I have a mail forwarding service that forwards mail to me. This pisses me to no end.

Go get yourself a mailbox at the UPS store you get a physical address and get yourself a drivers license with that address on it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Or if you have kids, use one of their addresses as your "permanent" address, and get that on your driver's license.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their excuse is if they ever had to contact me about a gun they can’t find me.

It is really such horseshit. What is your address on your OL?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since I am a full time RVer with no physical home address I am unable to purchase a gun. I am retired LE, and legally own and carry a gun but I can’t purchase a gun. Their excuse is if they ever had to contact me about a gun they can’t find me. Really, so I can live in an apartment purchase a gun and then move to a different location the next week and that is alright. I have a cell phone with the same phone number for 15 yrs. They can’t track me down, I have a mail forwarding service that forwards mail to me. This pisses me to no end.

I have a 01 FFL and I’m fairly certain you are incorrect.

What address do you use for licensing and registration of the RV?
Do you use the same address on you driver’s license?
What address do you use on your tax returns?
Do you pay any state tax (e.g., income tax, taxes on your RV)?

Once you can claim to residency in a state, you can buy or transfer in all kinds of guns legal in that state.

You cannot buy or transfer handguns outside of that state.

You can purchase or transfer to you rifles and shotguns outside of your state of residence in an over-the-counter transaction at a federal firearms licensee provided it is legal to do so in your state of residence and the state where the transaction occurs.

I’ll research the issue tomorrow.

ETA

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Their excuse is if they ever had to contact me about a gun they can’t find me.

It is really such horseshit. What is your address on your OL?

Succinct. I like it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post